RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, new here first post. I recently purchased a 04 warrior with around 19,000 miles. On one of my first few rides, pulling into my work parking lot I pulled the clutch in and the bike shut off and won’t start back. When I turn the key you can hear a loud click and the bike will still crank but not start. I’ve tried spraying WD40 directly into the breather thinking it maybe the fuel pump but no change.
I ran diagnostics on it and noticed DI20 Side Stand is reading On at all times. I tried bypassing it but still reading on. Would this stop it from starting in neutral? I’m stumped lol.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Hi there, check to see if you can hear the fuel pump when you first turn the ignition to the on position. It should buzz for a few seconds. If it do's then crank the engine over. Make sure your bike is out of gear the kill switch is in the on position. All so try sitting on the bike with the kick stand up, make sure you are out of gear then try to start. If there's no buzz from the fuel pump you have no fuel getting to your cylinders. Check fuses. Hope this helps. Frec 🇬🇧

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
31,620 Posts
The safety interlocks must be working because it cranks but won't start. Does it crank at normal speed or does it crank slow then stop cranking.

Is the check engine light illuminated, or does it blink 8 times then pause then repeat? Is the DI20 code you located in memory the only code in memory? If the CEL is not illuminating then the DI20 self corrected and is not the trouble. I only ask this because sometimes folks think they were in diagnostics mode but were actually in ecu error code history so I'm trying to get clarity on both.

When you have both the key and the on-off-switch turned on, crank, then turn off the on-off switch leaving the key on, are there error codes in the gauge?

Did you do some work on the bike recently?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.