RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

Connector came all the way down from Canada to join us on the West Coast Warrior Rally. Friday, on the way up I-120 to Yosemite, Connector lost control in a sharp turn and went off a very step ravine. I was 2 bike behind him. He went down approx 60 feet and his bike 100 feet. Not too sure what happened or why he lost control. We were doing the speed limit, everyone was under control but somehow he lost it. He was able to climb out of a ditch and bush on his own but the ravine was too steep to climb out alone. He was taken away in an ambulance and take to the nearest hospital. The same day he was air lifted to Modesto Memorial and is suffering 2 broken vertebra's.

Surprisingly, the bike looked like it was in good shape but the tow truck driver had to pull it up the ravine with a wench - this itself damaged the bike completely. I plan to visit him tomorrow or Tuesday. I have pics that I will share if Cecil approves.

Overall, Cecil is in good spirit, has full mobility and should be transported back home or to a Canadian hospital soon. For now, please say a prayer for connector and a speedy recovery.

UPDATE: 9/25

You're right, Canucks are tough - very tough! A few of us stopped by to visit Connector today and he was up and walking around with his brace on and walker. He was in very good spirit and talking about riding again someday (if the wife allows). [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] Vertebra's T11 and T12 are broken and he has minor bumps, bruises and road rash. After seeing what I saw I would have expected a lot more injuries. Thank god he doesn't. Tomorrow he will be going to a Canadian hospital via an Air-Ambulance where he might have surgery.

Cecil, get well soon buddy! We will be up to visit you someday!

L-R: ScooterGuy, Skenywytboy, amospro, Connector:

56.07 KB

UPDATE: 10/8

OK, Here are some pics of the tow truck dragging the bike up the hill.

Insert Image:

54.52 KB

Insert Image:

56.05 KB

Insert Image:

62.97 KB

Insert Image:

61.71 KB

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
More terrible news, this month is turning out to be a very bad one for this kind of thing. Connector I hope that your recovery is swift mate, don't worry about the bike, what is important is that you are recovering from this terrible accident. My thoughts and best wishes are with you Cecil.

·
Registered
735 Posts
OH NO!! [/emoticons/emotion-6.gif] Cecil, I'm so glad that it wasn't worse!! I'm sorry about your bike. You always have great pics. My thoughts are with you. Have a speedy recovery!!

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
Another one good grief. Connector, our thoughts and prayers are with you. Hope you have a complete and speedy recovery.

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
Connector, get well soon buddy. I can't wait until October, this month sucks.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Hey what is happening around us warrior drivers it seems we all are taking nose dive's lately...[V]

Connector my thought go out to ya get wel soon.

·
Registered
10,319 Posts
I will pray for a quick recovery for Connector. He made one **** of a long trip to hang with you guys. He must have an awesome spirit so he should recover fast.

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
Arg! Glad to hear at least that he's in pretty good condition.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts