RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel so stupid! You know how some days you just don't feel as sharp as you do most of the time? Well, that's how I felt yesterday, but it was such a nice day (72 deg. and sunny) I decided to go for a short ride. Another omen I should have taken into account was that as I was on a straight section at about 100mph, I saw a hunter in his truck pull out. I was able to brake down hard and get by without any real trouble. But, it makes you think. A little later, I was charging into a 25mph left hander, and I was about 1/2 a second to late on the brakes..........low side slide into a ditch! Luckily, it was full of water and soft mud, so not to much damage. Handlebars bent (I was going to replace them anyway), foot brake damage, road rash on tank and exhaust heatshield. Also, a little road rash on my left hip and calf. I am REALLY sore this morning, though! I was able to ride the bike home, after some kindly folks helped me get it out of the ditch! So, the moral is.....if that little voice in your head is saying that you should go home and park the bike...LISTEN!

BTW Anyone got the rear section of the stock heatshield they are not using?

·
Registered
7,926 Posts
I am glad you are okay, and that you nor the bike suffered any more harm than you did. There has been days when it seemed as if I could not get things just right. On those days I just ride a little easier. Or at least I need too.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Glad to hear you are ok and able to tell your tail.Good that bike just has road rash as you do but you being to walk away is whats important.

·
Registered
578 Posts
sorry to hear that and at the same time i'm glad you walked away somewhat ok.

i don't have a heatshield but i do have a stock foot brake lever if u want it.

oh ya that little voice you heard is almost always right, that same voice told me to stay off my dirtbike last weekend and low and behold i went down pretty hard and my whole right side of my body has been sore for over a week now. [:'(]

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
I know that feeling. Friday after coming home for lunch,I took the bike back to work. Against my better judgement I passed a gravel truck on a two lane road. I blasted by it only to see some jacka$$ backing out of a driveway...... that's right in front of a gravel truck doing 60mph. Luckily no one was in the oncoming lane so I just whipped it around him & gave him the "your no.1"sign. My first ride in 2 weeks &I'm playing stunt rider. So much for my nice relaxing ride to work.

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
Glad you're ok but the wreck sounds confusing to me. Left hand turn, low-sided the bike, got some road rash on your left side but the foot brake and the heat shield on the exhaust (both on the right side of the bike) were damaged? How'd that happen? Bike must have kinda tipped up as it was landing in the ditch?

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Dang Mike ,glad you walked away and are only sore and not broken.Im finding out as I get older the longer it takes me to heal up

I'll look in my bin of leftover parts and see what I have.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Hey dude....not sure what type of bars you have on your bike- but I just sold my bike and a TON of parts to the new owner....in there was a set of stock bars that he won't be using. If you need them, email me at [email protected] and I will get in touch with him and see if he can send them to you.

Paul

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Shag said:
Glad you're ok but the wreck sounds confusing to me. Left hand turn, low-sided the bike, got some road rash on your left side but the foot brake and the heat shield on the exhaust (both on the right side of the bike) were damaged? How'd that happen? Bike must have kinda tipped up as it was landing in the ditch?

I guess I'm still a little punchy!!!!! It was a right hand turn. I should proof-read better, also.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
4seeaye said:
Glad you are ok. do you think the car tire in the rear had anything to do with it?? eh?

Don't think so, I went back and looked at the skid marks, I think I might have made it if I had had the balls to juice it, but instead I slid the front tire, it then started to high-side, so when I let off the front it just got out of hand completely. I just lost it, pur and simple.

4seeaye said:
Glad you are ok. do you think the car tire in the rear had anything to do with it?? eh?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts