RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Me no likey! Gone isthe sweet rumble of our engine, replaced by the harsh frapp-frapp like the Harleys have...not my cup of tea!

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
I looked at the video and I couldn't tell if he was no pipes or no muffler. I didn't like the sound either.

Last but not least: Be careful how you use the words "drive bys"!

·
Vendor
943 Posts
Looked like it did have the pipes on it. Running it without the pipes will warp the vavles and the engine would run extremely poor. As soon as you shut the engine down cooler air would hit the valves and warp them.

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Way back when I had the stock ehaust, I reved it up in the garage once with the wate heater off. It made my daughter cry and my wife mad. Not a good sound.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I would assume that you had WAY too little back pressure. If that's the case your power levels were cut down in a bad way. If you like the open pipes sound get a set of open pipes with Monster Baffles installed.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hehe i agree guys, i put the water heater back on right after. waiting for my street sweepers to come in the mail.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
When we put my ripsaws on we ran it without the muffler just to hear what it would sound like and it definitely is too sticato for me. Even with the Ripsaws I wish I had more of a low rumble sometimes then that sharp "blat blat". When I ran a hollowed out water heater for a while it was more of a rumble sound and almost as loud but somehow gave me a headache where the Ripsaws never have so all in all I guess I'm good.

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
MP,
My bike had Samson Short Slashers without baffles when I first purchased it. It was loud and the tone had a harsh edge to it. I added the Thunder Monster Baffles and it took away the harsh edge and added midrange HP & torque. I placed mine as deep as I could go on the bottom pipe and then matched the location on the upper one. It deepened the sound a bit.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I would have considered those baffles for sure because so many people have been happy with them but I was under the impression they left the volume leveljust as loudwhich I wasn't sure I wanted. IfI keep my Warrior I might give them a try still though and see about the improved tone. Thanks Duke.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts