RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At 9:30 tonight I was on I-4, east bound, on the west side of Orlando when this guy on a Warrior blows by me (and everyone else) in the left lane, doing 80 or so, no helmet, heavy traffic, with a 5 or 6 year old kid on the back. Oh, and did I mention that it was starting to rain?

Please tell me that this moron isn't a member of this forum!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Here in New Jersey they have a number you can call from your cell phone for agressive driving. This is one of the few cases I would have pulled over and called and if not to that number to 911 knowing that someday that kid will be dead otherwise. As for him (assuming it was a guy), that's how the rest of us get a bad name...

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
Hmm, you guys sound a little harsh, a warrior passing heavy cars doing 80 plus sounds just about right to me. Is there a helmet law in that state? did the kid have a helmet? that would be my only concern. otherwise who hasn't blown by everyone on thier warrior, in heavy traffic, when it's starting to rain or not. thought that was one of the reasons we bought this bike. Your description just doesn't have enough info for me to really get upset. sound pretty much like what warriors do, blow by traffic.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Traffic in Atlanta "cruises" at 80. I'm usually right there on the Warrior turning 3000 to 3200 rpm, riding with all the sportbikes keeping up with the flow of traffic. Harleys I notice tend to do the speed limit in the right lane. To each his own, I think as a group we tend to drive these Warriors more like big sportbikes anyways....

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess that I left out the weaving in an out of dense traffic and, at one point, cutting me and others off because he decided that it was time to exit, crossing 4 lanes of traffic, brake lights flashing everywhere.

I wasn't on my Warrior at the time, I was in the VR-4, but I can assure you that you wouldn't catch me pulling that kind of SH** on my bike riding ALONE, much less with an innocent little kid on the back. I doubt that many on this forum would either.

I like to get on it just like everyone else here. I'll have to admit that I won't be joining the 130 mph+ club, been there, done that on other bikes. I just think that there are places for little kids and they don't include hanging on to some maniac for dear life while he demonstrates his total lack of common sense and concern for his passenger (probably his own son or daughter). Let that jerk kill himself, it will strengthen the gene pool.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have found a great way to tell if a Warrior rider is a member of this group or not. Just check out there bike and see what mods they have. If the mud flaps not cut, the 102 not painted the passenger pegs not flipped or the seat strips not puller for that extra speed you can bet they have missed the boat.

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
Rest assured it wasn't me. I lack a passanger seat alltogether. I take my kids out on the R6 but have yet to hit the hwy yet, let alone reach speeds above 50 mph. Dirving crazy is something I do alot BY MYSELF, but I always take it easy with a passenger, especially my kids. If you think that's bad how about three on a bike? Once saw a child on a tank and mom and dad on the seat. One slip-up and you can write the whole family off. At least the kid won't be orphaned that way I guess.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
JP, they ride three up on a small 125 and 250cc bikes in Mexico and South America a lot, with the kid stuffed between Mami & Papi. Scary stuff, but it is that or walk amongst the working poor. A 125 is workhorse transport and a 250, well, they call it "muy lujos", like having a LeSabre I guess.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I agree VR-4, I probably would have called him in too. I admit I do drive a bit crazy but the only person I'm putting at risk is myself.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am taking VR-4 word that this person was doing everything he said he was, but I am a person who does not interfear in others business. Are you sure it was a child and not a small person? This country has become a society of the offended, if you don't like what you see forget about it and go on. But if the offense has a direct reflect on YOU then bitch about it. I am really getting sick and tired of all these people that want to run my life for me. Don't rush to judgment unless you know the facts.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I also say MYUOB> an take your cell phone an leave it home. 2 years ago me an my 75 year old uncle tried to make a helmetless run from Albany NY to Lake George an back would have made it round trip but some Yahoo!! in a cage called 911 on the Troupers got us What business did that cager have pulling that wild hair out my [email protected]? Well the Trouper let us slide He even said Some people are to concerned with the actions of others.

·
Registered
245 Posts
What a freaking world this is turning ...or has turned into. Lets all get F.T.W. tattoos, get involved only if it directly affects me, and f#@k the rest of the world. I do not advocate being a society of tattletales, but I agree if someones actions clearly threaten the life of an innocent person( how do u get any more innocent than a child)how do u sleep at night if the person is killed, and u did nothing about preventing it. Docsnake, u need to talk to someone, for a long time, that kind of attitude just aint healthy dude! Actually thats not an attitude, thats a chip!

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
did he in fact threaten the life of an innocent person? or just piss people off cause he could. aren't we all guilty of that from time to time. I know i am. another question, was he riding within his abilities? We just don't know. But i have a hunch he was, the reason being that when riding with a passenger, child or adult, we all ride with more caution. It sounds to me that a guy was just having fun and just pissen cagers off.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, Dice,

He may have been riding within his abilities, he might have just been lucky that day. He was definitely pissin' off the cagers, endangering himself, his child passenger and others around him.

In regard to Doc's run-in with the local trooper, what are the laws in your state? If you're required to wear a helmet, were you really surprised that you were called on it? I think I might be pissed if I were in your boots, but surprised? No. Bottom line, though, it was your choice not to wear the helmet. Here in FL, they leave that decision up to us. Even though I don't have to, I probably wear it 90% of the time. My choice. I think that, generally, you should be allowed to do whatever you want to do, so long as you're not putting other people in harms way in the process. By not wearing your helmet, you're not hurting anyone. Your choice.

Choice is really the issue. That little kid on the back of that Warrior didn't get to choose the way his driver was going conduct himself, neither did the other drivers around him. The only person who had the luxury of choosing in that situation was the Warrior dude. IMHO, he made the wrong choice.

I can only add that if you had seen what I saw, this thread would be much different.

'Nuf said.

·
Registered
214 Posts
But its my attitude. YOU STAY OUT OF MY Business I Still cant sleep at cause of Nam But if you rat on anyone you do not belong as a Biker.

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
quote:Originally posted by DocSnake

..if you rat on anyone you do not belong as a Biker.

Can't agree with you on that one. If someone is endangering me or mine, ****, if he is endangering anyone other than himself, I'll call 911. He wants to take a chance on his own life, I don't mind. Start taking chances with someone else's life and HE doesn't belong to be a biker!! My opinion, YMMV, I don't care.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
It seems everyone has very strong opinions on this... Please resptect everyone else's opinion and keep from bashing others.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Ive been a biker over 30 years, will always be a biker and proud of it, part of that pride is helping others, motorists, bikers regardless of what they ride. You reap what u sew. Im not gonna push my beliefs on anyone, but most bikers I have met are more or less on that wave length, its a brotherhood,we watch out for each other. This is what I see this thread is about, someone seeing something dangerous, and not being able to do anything about it. A little frusteration to share with us. Im sure it wasn't posted for us to take a piece out of each other. I know anytime I have pulled over to the side of the road, a bike has usually stopped to see if I need help. Thats the brotherhood Im referrring to. Lets chill out

1 - 20 of 23 Posts