RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
02 Warrior on Facebook for sale. 4200. It took me a minute to recognize what it was.

I'm not going to be shy about this one; it's definitely an acquired taste, but not one I think I'll ever get a taste for.

Which gives me an idea... I've seen some pretty great customs and some pretty wild ones. We have a Warrior of the Quarter competition, why not a wildest Warrior one?

I would mind seeing a thread dedicated to the wildest customs out there. Thoughts?

Update: I found the guy that had this before with the 300 mounted. Honestly, it doesn't look half bad. Here's a link to his thread: 2002 RS WARRIOR 300 Rear Single sided swing arm

CALIWARRIOR's fab thread: Update on Cali Warrior Bike (300 single-side)
In another thread 7 years ago, he said it cost him around $4k.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sent him a message and he's will to sell the single sided swingarm and 300 tire separate from the bike. If I were looking for one, I'd jump all over it!

If anyone is serious about it, I'd be willing to go check it out for you. He's about 30 minutes away.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Looks like it needs another brake caliper; is it underneath the arm? Pic of the rim? That would be cool...

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Working on getting that info. Might go check it out on Sunday. I'll keep you guys posted.

In the meantime, let me know if anyone is interested and if there are any key details you'd like to know.

Things to Investigate
  • Pic of wheel
  • Brake caliper status
  • Price
  • Build quality
  • Manufacturer
  • ??

·
Registered
81 Posts
Price. Opinion of build quality. Who made it? Probably for show only? Like, one wouldn't want to tour 2-up on this setup?

My gears are turning because I have an affinity for single-sided swingarms (2nd bike was a VFR) but definitely not something I planned to do. Famous last words? ;)

·
Registered
480 Posts
Hundreds of bucks spent, but a rusty srew/latch on the headers and the ugly horn at the same place. 😜 😊 .... kiddings aside, that single swing arm looks cool (y)
Must look great, if in the same design as the front wheel. Hope we see a pic these days (y)

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@Razman11 I've never had a single sided swingarm but have always LOVED the look of them. I have recently gotten the bug to go wide with my back tire and am super tempted by a 300 with a single sided swingarm but I just don't like how the Warrior looks with almost any other fender but the stock one (maybe shorted a bit). The flow of be bike from that wide a$$ seat and frame to anything else just looks off to me.

Has anyone widened a stock fender to work with a 300? I've seen the 280's and absolutely love them. I like the idea of a 260 using the stock fender (cause I'm lazy and busy with my 1 year-old) but man am I tempted with this. And the fact that it's in my own backyard is even more tempting.

We'll see what happens if he sends me pics and/or I go see it on Sunday.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hundreds of bucks spent, but a rusty srew/latch on the headers and the ugly horn at the same place. 😜 😊 .... kiddings aside, that single swing arm looks cool (y)
Must look great, if in the same design as the front wheel. Hope we see a pic these days (y)
Can you imagine how hot your key would be after a ride?

·
Super Moderator
6,992 Posts
I've seen that bike before not sure where

I believe it belong to someone on the forum
Some time ago,and sold it had alrdy the single side arm..

But the new owner put some Aoes and switch it up ..

Maybe someone has some info on it

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
He's asking $500 for the swingarm and wheel. I'm excited but I think I'll pass. Anyone else interested?

·
Super Moderator
6,992 Posts
Whoa that a h3LL of a deal
If everything is there to mount and work..

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Yamaha XV1700 Roadstar Warrior
702 Posts
@Razman11 I've never had a single sided swingarm but have always LOVED the look of them. I have recently gotten the bug to go wide with my back tire and am super tempted by a 300 with a single sided swingarm but I just don't like how the Warrior looks with almost any other fender but the stock one (maybe shorted a bit). The flow of be bike from that wide a$$ seat and frame to anything else just looks off to me.

Has anyone widened a stock fender to work with a 300? I've seen the 280's and absolutely love them. I like the idea of a 260 using the stock fender (cause I'm lazy and busy with my 1 year-old) but man am I tempted with this. And the fact that it's in my own backyard is even more tempting.

We'll see what happens if he sends me pics and/or I go see it on Sunday.
don't know if anyone has made a 300 stock fender.. but talk to christok he can prob make you one

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm interested!
I'd suggest reaching out to the guy in the Facebook link in the first thread.

Let me know if you need local support with anything. I'm not all that free until next weekend, but if needed, I'm happy to help out.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts