RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well guys its official, my pride,joy,headache and best bike ive ever owned has gone.

its broke my heart but its the right decission.

ive recently returned from spain where i took my son while work was being done on his bedroom conversion.

its been on my mind for a while and when i returned into the great british weather, that sealed my decission for me.

now, this has been the best biking experience i have ever had with the rswarrior forum, all the members i have spoken with and met and the support ,advice,ideas and generally being the best bunch of bikers im ever likely to meet.

i will still post when i get chance and keep in touch with you all.

once again, thanks to everyone.P.S

if anyone is interested in any of the bits i have left for sale get in touch, i have allsorts of stuff, wheels tyres siisy bar, pipes and general stuff.

bone http://rswarrior.com/forums/p/122043/977612.aspx#977612

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Hiya Bone, sorry to hear that your Warrior as finally gone, take careand keep in touch and all the best for the future..let us know if we can help in anyway... Ken

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
I'm sorry to hear the Warrior has had to go Bone. Are you getting anything else? Anyway keep in touch mate.

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
Bone,

Sorry to hear the Warrior has gone. Keep in touch, you know you only need to ask if you need help at any time.

Nick

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys, much appreciated. i havent really put you in the picture about my warrior.

i have done a straight swap for an 07 mt 01, the reason was due to the fact my bike has suffered some cosmetic damage, nothing much but i had decided to strip it and repaint and powdercoat over the winter and the reason im not doing this is i cant justify spending again to paint my bike .so all in i think ive had a good deal,m the mt is 1 owner 3700 miles and mint.

have i done the right thing?? maybe not as im already regretting it but its a done deal.

[:'(]

bone

·
Registered
722 Posts
I vote you "Honorary Warrior", a top geezer through and through who should always stay posting on this site, turn up to meets, and generally give us all a hard time when we're being gay.

So sorry to hear your ride is gone mate - never say never though. You could be back in the coming years.

Best wishes to you and yours, hope you're all keeping them pointing upwards.

Gibbsy.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
there is no question as to wether ill have one later on,its when.

things have become quite complicated for me at home so this was the alternative to not spending any money on a bike.

the little trike i was doing is back on the table to be completed this year for me to auction off once completed. with that and having to dissasemble my warrior again was not possible.

thanks for the big up gibbsy,definatley gonna keep posting and defo up for meets and stuff.

you guys on here have been a big inspiration to me and will been eternally grateful for having the chance to know you all.

bone

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
It's a sad dayTony, really sorry to hear that you had to let your beastie go but I know that it's for the right reasons and that you've thought this through fully. I really hope that you'll get another some day. Glad that you're gonna stick around here too.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
my reasoning behind it andy is if i need a quick sale the mt 01 is in mint condition and on an 07 plate and i can sell quickly with out having to paint etc to sort it out before i sell.

im gutted about getting rid as i love the bike, even with all the problems ive had with it. its been the best learning curve i could have wished for.

i know more about bikes after being on this forum than i ever would have had if id had a different bike.

like i said, ill post and keep intouch cos if i didnt id miss you all.

bone

[:'(]

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Sorry to hearit mate. Sometimes needs must. But it don't mean you should drop off the face of the earth - so keep posting

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oh dear, what have i done!!!! took the warrior out today the first time in weeks and im seriously regretting my decission .

i have til saturday to make up my mind as to go with the mt01 or keep the beast i know like the back of my hand

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Hi yabhoa - saw you was on line - haven't spoken before now, didn't feel right to jump in earlier somehow, but your uncertainty is so felt - maybe too early to askwhere your at on thedesicion thinking?

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
im not sure wether i should just leave my bike where it is and see next year what to do.

it dont owe any money on it etc.

the paint requires a bit of work but nothing major.

i know deep down im gonna regret getting rid,plus ive never rode an mt01,its chain driven and not much of a fuel range. there you go im already talking myself out of it.

bone

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
yabhoa said:
i know deep down im gonna regret getting rid

ok ...i blinked first.. the suspense, the pain ....so does shestay or....? seriously...you're reasons must be serious stuff so hope it works out for the best.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i feel a right **** now, i phoned up d today to tell em im not going through for the mt01
so yes the beast stays.

all me mates and me familly talked me out of it. ive made a **** out of meself but really dont wanna part with me warrior especially after riding it again.

and my mother inlaw is getting my bike repainted for me, shes a diamond.. so i gotta find somewhere to strip it as my garage is full of stuff from my house while they are doing me lads bedroom.

bone

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
yabhoa said:
my mother inlaw is getting my bike repainted for me, shes a diamond..

that's good news.... your mates and family are right [most of the time they know ya best] a man needs his 'corner' when times are serious... maybe a 'diamond' to remind you, is just whats needed in the new paint job somewhere..

·
Registered
381 Posts
I sometimes fancy an MT01, for the twisties, and they sposed to be a tad more powerful, but I love me warrior, and I can't ride 2 bikes at once . . .

1 - 19 of 19 Posts