RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys - first post.
I am really interested in the warrior and after reading the posts here it seems like a great bike.

My question is related to cornering and general performance on the back twisty roads.

I currently ride a R1 and 929 on the backroads but my knees aren't what they used to be...I want to enjoy the same roads at a slower pace of course but would like to hear some comments about the handling etc. I am guessing the suspension is good and the clearance looks good.

Any OTD prices lately from northern california?

Thanks.

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
Good morning skrems & welcome to the world of the Warrior.

I came from a Fireblade to the Warrior and I personally feel that life is much more enjoyable at a slightly slower yet fun pace. It's difficult to directly compare an R1 to the Warrior as the performance/riding style and so on, are just so very different. That said, the handling for the stock Warrior is excellent, good clearance (with the stock 'canon' pipe, Propipe, Speedstar pipe) it leans well and many get their boots scraped instead of knees, has a bucket of acceleration off the line and an acceptable top end. Braking is also good, particularly the front twin discs. I'm not a huge fan of the stock suspension but this is easily fixed with an aftermarket 1000lb spring (next on my shopping list). Similarly if you're not happy with anything on the bike, it's all upgradeable - motor, brakes, tyres and so on - your imagination and your wallet are the only limitations when modding this bike.

It sounds like you want a Warrior for the same reasons that I did, and I gotta say that I've never looked back and will never go back to sportbike riding. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
are you kiddin' me?!? no words will do justice since you probably will be expecting a cruiser-like performance. just take one for a ride and while you're at it, try other cruisers as well. Then you'll see that this is the closest to what you want out of a cruiser. Welcome!!

·
Registered
22,677 Posts
skrems, if you're looking to go from a sportbike to a cruiser, I don't think there's any other choice. Particularly in the handling department. Supposedly the new street rod handles really great, but I haven't ridden one yet. I have ridden the v-rod though, and I like the way the warrior handles much better.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
As other members have said, go try before you buy,you will not be disappointed,but do not forget its all down to rider skills[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Registered
118 Posts
i rode a street rod the other day, yes it handles very well, but there is something sterile about it, hard to explain, the Warrior is more Ducati like, to me anyway. I live for it.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Handling?! You bet it handles right!! I removed the peg feelers after my ride on the kart track, because the circuit manager told me I am damaging the asphalt with my pegs. I damaged the left peg feeler screw in 10 minutes on the track.

Insert Image:

38.32KB

Insert Image:

35.4KB

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Well if you can ride a sport bike and want a cruiser with attitude,look no further my friend. This bike does not and will not dissapoint you ever.I ride the dragon every week here in tennessee and all of the other great roads as well. The only thing you will have to get used to is those damm peg feelers scraping on a hard lean in.They stop you from killing yourself though because you will learn the limits of your warrior.It is still a bit heaver at around 600 plus pounds than a sport bike and you have to get that mass slowed down once it gets rolling,but the brakes are second to none.This bikes torque is crazy,It feels like your arms are going to get pulled off under hard acceleration. The warrior is worth every dime.It is the best of both worlds.Do you think I love this bike.You will get this response from everyone who own's one.Bang for the buck= Warrior.......

·
Registered
445 Posts
Those are cool pictures AK. Looks very "artsy" with the blurred background and shadow.

I came from a Yamaha YZF 600R and bought a Warrior without every riding one. I just liked the way it looked with the 102 ci air-cooled engine. It was strange at first because the riding position was so different, but after a few good rides I loved it!

·
Registered
10,536 Posts
You'll like the Warrior just fine for handling. Just remember that the bike weighs 600 plus! It is not a sport bike. It's a Muscle Cruiser!

Welcome to the 4M and Congrats on your decision to pursue the Warrior.

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
What they said!![/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Not to break up the love fest here, but I want to emphasize that it handles well for a CRUISER. It handles like a 'sporty' CRUISER. It's 600+ lbs of feet in front, 5000 rpm limit, peg dragging, CRUISER.

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
someone should point him at the recent Muscle cruiser article link that was up here about a week ago. NO I'm not computer savy enough to pull it off. That and I can't remember the name of the outfit.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Ezas, that little twisty thing where your right hand goes is a called a throttle,It controls the speed of the engine.Try Pulling back all the way on that thing until it stops,Just make sure the bike is running and in gear first.You might feel a slight difference.You love fest breaker upper.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
wow - what an active forum - good work webmaster.

Thanks for the great feedback. It looks like I will be picking up a 2005 Midnight Warrior tomorrow morning and provide some first impressions by tomorrow night.

Someone mentioned a muscle cruiser link but I could not find it. If someone has the link I'd be interested in seeing.

Someone else also said I should try and test ride one - I asked but no dealer would let me except for Honda and Harley. The VTX1800 was way too sluggish and heavy feeling in the corners. The VRod looks great and sounds great but doesn't have that long slung look that the Warrior seems to have mastered. I can't wait...

·
Registered
159 Posts
If you've got money, they'll let you test ride. That's the way it was when I bought mine. I just made it a condition of the sale - if I liked it, I was buying it right then and there.

Of course, I did. /emoticons/emotion-1.gif

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Meatball

someone should point him at the recent Muscle cruiser article link that was up here about a week ago. NO I'm not computer savy enough to pull it off. That and I can't remember the name of the outfit.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Article_Page.aspx?ArticleID=2221&Page=1

here is the comparison since i am feeling nice, but i guess in meatballs eyes this makes me a computer dork...

1 - 20 of 44 Posts