RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just moved here from Denver. Now living in West Jordan Utah and desperately need a good warrior mechanic. on the way home today the baffle blew out of the vance & hines Pro pipe I was running. Need someone good and also looking for another pipe idea. The pro pipe was good but looking for something a bit louder and may give a bit more performance.
Thanks

·
Banned
569 Posts
Consider keeping the pro pipe and adding a Big City Thunder baffle (different mounting point and method). It will be louder and stay put.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
welcome to the forum. no offense but you need a mechanic to put the baffle back in? C'MON MAN ! !. seriously though, that's a common problem with the propipe. do like above. you're not really gonna find a pipe that give more performance. there's probably lots of pipes that will give you less.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
I live in Utah county but am frequently up in Salt Lake...shoot me a PM, no one touches my bike but me and I'm Yamaha factory certified so let me know if I can help

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advice on the pipe. i'm going to order the new baffle tonight. I did forget to mention that I was also looking for a possible dyno and remap of the power commander. Not used to working on my own bikes sad to say :(. Mostly due to time limitations. "They put in a car and told me to drive and I could drive" and on a bike I can ride,, LOL.
But still, if anyone knows a good tuning shop that would be cool. I'll deal with the baffle if it's that easy :p

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Consider keeping the pro pipe and adding a Big City Thunder baffle (different mounting point and method). It will be louder and stay put.

Happen to know the right part number? Everything on their site refers to a 'pair' and I only need 1, lol,, and 2 1/4 inch is the biggest I see on the site, my pro pipe starts at roughly 4 1/2" at the end.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
yeah, it looks a little rich with the black smoke and it' sounds like it'e got a backfire on decel. i think you need a new map. if you can get with jbat, i'll bet he can fix you right up.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, Got the Big City Thunder Monster Baffle installed. Had to tweak a bit due to a really short exchange pipe that was on there but go it on.
The thing is Obnoxiously loud, I LOVE IT! :) I do yave some nasty popping on decell though. Think I need some mapping work now. I'll test it better tomorrow riding to work, only took around the block tonight, never really got out of 1st gear.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts