RS Warrior Forum banner
  • It's back! Enter your bike HERE for the Warrior of the Quarter Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
This past summer, I did some more work customizing my 06 Warrior. I installed a new oil pressure gauge, and installed the Inferno T-Drag bars, along with new hand grips, new Joker Mirrors, and I custom made a leather braid with several types of beads, along with 3 different types of feathers (Red Tail Hawk, Copper Hawk and E-gle) to hang from the handle bar. With gas prices heading higher, I made the decision to add the Saddleman Blue Flame Stitched Saddle Bags, to turn the Warrior into a workhorse hauling groceries. I have other upgrades on my list to do next Spring. The odometer just turned 11,000 miles, plenty of life left in the beast:cool:
Hood Automotive tire Light Automotive lighting Green

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hey,

I thought about getting the Silver Flame Stitched for my '07.

What size are those bags? Large or Jumbo? And what bag supports/brackets did you use, if any?

Lastly, can you post a side view pic? I'd like to see her profile with those bags. :)
The biggest saddle bags you can mount on the Warrior is 'Large'. The jumbo size would hang down to far and rub against the rear wheel drive sprocket. With the Large size, the bottom of the bag clears by a few inches.

It takes some effort/time to figure out the length of the leather strap bibs to drape over the fender. I had to cut the excess length off, and then punch new holes thru the bibs, and then feed leather strings thru the bibs to tie secure the bags at the right length. You will also have to drill holes thru the back of the bags to secure them against the support bracket. I used a white marker stencile to draw a line below the bracket frame for my guide line to drill holes. Hopefully this info will save you sometime setting the bags to the right length.

I bought the brackets off eBay a few years ago. I remember they offer the support brackets in black or chrome.

I had to remove/sacrifice the passenger back rest in order to mount the frame support for the saddle bags.

Sorry, I don't have a side photo of the bags on file right now. But they look sharp..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts