RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately, I've been eyeballing a VTX1800F spec 3, big and very nice looking bike, expensive, but nice, and I saw one at the local bike shop were I bought mine and had thoughts about purchasing one, the one thing that somewhat turns me off is the shaft drive, but I think its livable....
Guys do what you do best OPINIONATE.... what do you think? Overall, power, accessories, looks, etc......

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
No, probably won't be biased at all...It's like asking the Pope if you should be Catholic or Muslim.

duh, get a Warrior....search this site and the internet, there have been many comparisons.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Ride it firts and then you tell us your opinion.

I ride a few and i don't know if is me but i fell that it not have power it doesn't feel good
Not produce a smile in my feca like the warrior.......

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Sure... what the heck, it's time for another project. If you could strip about 150 lbs ( or more) off that VTX, you'd have something there! It still won't go around a corner, but maybe that's not your thing anyway. Plenty of torque! Check out the Kaw 2000 too.

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
Might a touch redundant? We all know the Warrior is better, you have one so you know the feeling, but is there something else you can get? If I had the ability to purchase two bikes, I am not sure I would go with the VTX.

Are you into touring? Maybe you could pick up a bike like that? How about the Stratoliner when it comes out?

Or you should wait till' the Roadliner comes out? I would love to have that and a Warrior. Maybe that is redundant as well, but I love that bike.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I have ridden a stock VTX and one that was done up. Both felt bulky and not corner friendly. As xenarchi said, why not the Stratoliner?

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
Nobody on thsi site is going to vote VTX.. Except maybe The "This site sucks" guy from a few months back..

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Sure.... get the vtx.
hahaha...
I just couldn't maintain a straight face....
bwaaaahahahahaaaa...
Why would you want that water buffalo?

if yer gonna have TWO bikes... why not something completely different?
BMW?
Valkyrie?
V-twins are nice, but as a class... let's face it... the Vtwin is, well, old technology.

·
Registered
764 Posts
FJR1300 would be my choice. The F model VTX is nice and sure is alot more comfy on long trips than the Warrior.

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
I'm a little guy, pot gut not included. The VTX is too damned heavy for me. If I get a bike that is that heavy it will be a Road Star Venture! I already have the best cruiser on the market. For a second bike, as the others have said, I'd change to a different type of bike.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I rode a Buddy's VTX 1800 at the end of summer 2004 and i would tell you...get the warrior...Don't get me wrong...it's a nice bike....but in looks the warrior gets it hands down...and in speed....I think the warrior just beets it out by a smigen...

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Although it looks good, you might not like the riding portion of the full VTX experience. so, if you really are considering, I say go ride one. Personally though, I would listen to what other members are saying and consider a different type of bike, like say a FJR 1300. I've only good things about that touring bike.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
i agree to get out there and take them for a ride... the vtx is nice but its kind of a porker, it has 100+ lbs on the warrior which is already a big bike, it also has shaft drive which i am not fond of, i test drove a vtx myself, and in a straight line i belive it will outrun a warrior, the warrior handles better and looks the part more...

also get out there and try other bikes, if i could have 2 bikes my second would probably be the fj 1300. but i cant so i have the warrior

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
If you're not into corners than shaft drive is the greatest thing since sliced bread IMO. I had it on my Shadow and loved it to death. It's one less problem that you have to worry about while your on the road, shaft malfunctions are extremely rare. But you will notice some rotating mass problems when you try to duck into a corners. On my Shadow is was always harder to turn left because I was fighting the rotation of the shaft. But right turns I could just drop that little sucker right into.

But then again, I'm really nit-picky and others said they couldn't feel a thing.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No doubt you guys are true to the warrior and don't get me wrong I truly love my Warrior, the new stars are nice the look is not sporty enough for me I would have to do alot of mods to make it sporty, in another thought the victory hammer or the new jackpot.

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
I considered the VTX before I purchased my warrior. My brother ended up buying a 1300VTX and I've ridden it on several occasions. Even at that size it doesn't do well in turns. Sure the 1800 is probably faster but I would think it would handle even worse. Not to mention, every time we ride somewhere together, I'm the one always getting the second looks and questions. If you ride in straight lines, get the VTX but if you like to play on the twisties pick something else.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts