RS Warrior Forum banner

Warrior pics from CW Int MC show

1K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  kjum 
#1 ·
Check out the 2 new pics in my gallery.
I took these yesterday at the Cycle World International MC show.
Check out the paint on both, on the black one that is not flames but like a splash scheme. Although I don't like the magenta color (looks almost pink inside), the custom bike is bad ass. [/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]It was lowered, and has the Bub's pipe and handlebars like the Jeff P custom. The rims are awesome.
I also like the bolt on paint matched Tach covers.
I don't see either color on the website, didn't get go back to ask a knowledgeable rep if they were available colors.

See less See more
#2 ·
yeah i saw them yesterday too.did you note the price on the red and black combo?think i could do much better myself for less dough.i did like the blue one with the ripped graphics and the little robot/knight looking character on the back fender.i beleive it was churchkey that was after the industial look on his scoot he oughta like the graphics on that bike.in several spots it appeared that the paint had been ripped off the tank,fenders and what appeared to be underneath was gears, drive cogs and other industrial looking stuff.it looked like something out of heavy metal,i really liked the design and would like to do something similiar.the whole effect was impressive to me and i have not run across a paintjob even remotely similiar.i also liked the kawi z 1000 ,orange.the rune was there also but it still looked to busy to me.too much stuff in not enough space.

#3 ·
I went too. I came out of that show happy to be a Warrior owner. That paint job was pretty sweet, in some place it look as if they grinded to the tank and painted around it to give it an industrial look. VERY SWEET!!! Too bad we didn't get a chance to meet up. I'm sure we will soon.

#5 ·
quote:Originally posted by whataboutbob

It looks like bub pipe, but the s bend on the rear header pipe is lower around the transmisson area and the angle is also different. Compare it to the silver bike, it's different! I want THAT pipe on the red & black bike where can i get it? any info please

I think that is the Bub pipe, if you look at the bub slipon at the bub site, it doesn't look like the one on the warrior either. It's more upswept. I think the slipon on the silver bike had the stock exhaust bent a little to follow the line of the swingarm. Or at least my eye see's it that way

#7 ·
Bob, you are right, I didn't notice the lower header on the show bike. Obviously custom headers made to show off the chrome tranny cover, just a guess. [?]
I still think it is the Bub's slip on, because the baffle looked the same inside the megaphone.

#10 ·
Update on the Red?/Black Warrior. The January issue of Cycle World out this week has a test on the bike. [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] It is a Jeff Palyeghi (yea that's it) custom, with a Speed Star kit.
Also, check out the small article toward the front about the Yamaha Bulldog V twin (sold only in Europe). Looks mean, kinda like a Buell. I wish they would import it here.

#11 ·
Don't you have the Bulldog 1100 in the US? That amazes me, how they can release a model on one side of the planet and not on the other. I mean, the engine is based on the V-Star 1100, so all the emission control stuff should alredy be developed. Can't cost too much to get it into the american market.

It's a cool bike, although a little weak on peak power for some. If I got a second bike it could very well be a Bulldog!

By the way, a swedish bike magazine wrote in their test of the Bulldog 1100 that it would be interesting to see a smaller version, based on the V-Star 650 engine. Could that be called the Yamaha Terrier 650? [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

More info here:http://www.yamaha-motor-acc.com/page.cfm?pageID=63050

#15 ·
Well, I don't know if it copys Buell any more than any of the other V-twin street bikes out there... I always associate this type of bike with Ducati, the Monster feels like the trendsetter for the V-twin naked street bike. On the other hand, Yamaha's history in this segment could be traced back to the XV1000TR1 which was released in 1981.

On a side note, Buell actually considered using Ducati engines in his bikes when he started out, but commented: "(The Ducati engines) weren't competitive. They were not as good as the Harley engine then, by no means. What else could I have bought? I could've bought a Virago".

Interestingly, Erik Buell used to race Yamaha and Ducati bikes before he started working at Harley Davidson. Another interesting parallell is that one of Buells earliest project bikes was called the RW750 Road Warrior.

#16 ·
I like the Bulldog even better now, copy or not. [/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]
Just think of the excitement of throwing a kit on that engine. Looks like half a VMAX motor, wish it had half its power. Looks like a fun bike to ride. It might also be easier on my screwed up back with feet under me.
OK, I'm getting another bike fever...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.