RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took advantage of my recent crash and did some changes to the Warrior, including new paint, new bars,and my homemade right side cover.If you can't see the pics here, go to my profile and tell me what you think.

Well, I tried everything I could think of to get the pics here. No luck....damnit, why is this so complicated?

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Piant is definitely RED. I like it! Bars are cool as well. What kind of exhaust is that? That might look good on my Midnite. Where do you park your bike at night???????

·
Registered
8,309 Posts
Yep--looks good.

Lets see if I can help with the PIX.

·
Registered
8,309 Posts

·
Registered
8,309 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
I like the bike, looks like you spent your downtime very constructively. I wonder what that exhaust pipe sounds like?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Lookin' good Mike, I am looking forward to hearing it on the road tomorrow! I hope all that red does'nt get in my eye's though!

I love the bars, and we need to put a sparkplug in that exhaust can to really light things up.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mustfire said:
Firstof all, thanks churchkey! How did you do that? Now to answer comments.

A. Yes, it is very red,in fact a Porsche color, Guard's Red.

B. Yup, car tire, I crossed over to the Darkside as a matter of economic survival.

C. Exhaust - I took the stock exhaust, cut off the "Y" and made a collector out of 1 1/4 pipe. Then I fitted a Magnaflow muffler (1 1/4 inlet, 4 outlet). I didn't like the quality of the chrome, so I had it powder coated. It sounds good! A nice low rumble at idle, but when you gas it, it really roars!

D. And for 07midnite, I park it in a LOCKED garage. And BTW, I'm in the security systems business and there just might some nasty surprises in there! LOL!

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
93 Posts
"B. Yup, car tire, I crossed over to the Darkside as a matter of economic survival."

+1 I did the same this last weekend

"C. Exhaust - I took the stock exhaust, cut off the "Y" and made a collector out of 1 1/4 pipe. Then I fitted a Magnaflow muffler (1 1/4 inlet, 4 outlet). I didn't like the quality of the chrome, so I had it powder coated. It sounds good! A nice low rumble at idle, but when you gas it, it really roars!"

I like the exhaust, looks good and shows a lot of creative thinking!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hey Mike, I enjoyed the ride today, and I can feel my hands again,

although the painful tingling sensations make me wish they were numb again! [:'(]

I guess Santa needs to bring me some cold weather gloves this year. Sigh... if only he was real

I've been pretty good this last couple of days or so!

Lets ride again soon OK.

By the way guys, the pipe sounds as mean as it looks, and I love that cowl!

·
Registered
999 Posts
What?? Santa's not real??

Bike looks great. I've been considering the Darkside also. Two sets of rear tires a year are too expensive for my budget.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
BOSSMAN2677 said:
Bike looks great. I've been considering the Darkside also. Two sets of rear tires a year are too expensive for my budget.

I see you live in the flatlands also. The tire is a Riken Raptor 205/50 ZR17. This is a sport compact tire with the softest non-racing rubber compound I could find, and it only cost $110.00 mounted and balanced. I'd recommend it.....as long as you keep in mind it will change the handling some, not worse, just different. On the plus side, I expect to get 10k plus out of this tire. If I could afford it, I'd have another rim with a regular sport tire for knee draggin'. I was only getting 2 to 2.5K miles on the standard tire types. And at $200.00 plus a pop, that worked out to 7.5 to 10 cents a mile!

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
07midnite said:
Where do you park your bike at night???????
07midnite said:
What kind of exhaust is that?

reminds me of toyotaguys exhaust - his is a stock pipe heaved in two and does look cool, strangely - but that looks double cool - chunky, big open end... ok spill the beans... and how does it sound... and whats the back pressure like..... and.... ok just all of the above [oh yes the bikes looking brand new - good job]

ok i should have read the rest of the thread - does look mean - grand job

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
BOSSMAN2677 said:
What??   Santa's not real??

Bike looks great.  I've been considering the Darkside also.   Two sets of rear tires a year are too expensive for my budget.
You guys go through 2 rear tires every year? Wow, I must ride like a girl. I really need to start riding harder so I can spend more money on rear tires too. : )

1 - 20 of 30 Posts