RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my bike used from the dealer. called the dealer when i read of the recall on this site. he told me that where i bought the bike used i probably wont get a recall notice from yamaha. this doesn't make sense to me.
I've got a '95 gmc z71 i bought used at the gm dealer and i got a notice from them when the recall for the wipers came out....
I don't get it !!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
Well FireCrazy,
I bought mine brand new and have not received a recall on either the tranny or gas tank recalls. Its the way it is. Kind of bites. Just be lucky you have a site like this one to find out critical information.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Yamaha doesn't have a good system to update who owns thier bikes. Yamaha will contact the original owner someday and it is up to them to let yamaha know who they sold the bike to. If they don't send anything to Yamaha, Yamaha will think the the original owner still has the bike. I'm guessing that you wont hear from anyone.

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
If you buy a toaster at a pawnshop and there is a recall I can say with 100% certainty that Oaster wont come knocking on your door either. Information like that would essentually require a world wide database of all purchases and sales

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
all i'm saying is...how big of a deal is it for the dealer to notify yamaha when i bought the bike.. the f*&*ing pawn shop is most likely not a dealer for Oaster.
GM knows I own my 95 pickup becauase of the dealer.
Maybe the dealer should have contacted me.
If it wasn't for this site I wouldn't know there was a problem until about 1 second before my face hit the asphalt as my tranny locked up.

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
I understand what your saying, the imortant thing now is that you do know. If having a notice is important to you Ill send you mine, I knew what it said a month before I got it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no thanks ....i don't need your notice.
you keep it , may get cold some night and you'll have it to start the fire with.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
don't need the notice, just call a dealer you trust and get on the list. I lucked out because of this site. called dealer on the day they were notified and am first on the list. On the notice it says that any yamaha dealer will do the work, so the main thing is to get the ball rolling, other wise it could be a long time before your parts are ready. As of today, my dealer said they were told 2 weeks till the first recall kits will be sent, but then again that's what they said last week and the week before. It's all good to me, gives me more time to get my bigbore kit in that I just put a down payment on. Had a great ride today too.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I called a dealer that is closer to my home and who i feel has better qualified mechanics than the dealer i bought the bike from and they told me that they would fix my bike but their customers came first and i might get bumped down the list as his customers order parts.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts