RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spoke to my dealer today, states recall parts will be available end of febuary [this is in Canada by the way].Told me that it would take 16hrs of labour to correct the recall.He assures me that it will be done right and his dealership will add on two extra years of warranty on top of the two I have now for reassurance. He was very apologetic and understanding.Also stated bike should be ready by end of March.Dealer has also told me of some horror stories he's seeing,like some dealerships are paying the bike owners to go elsewhere ie/emoticons/emotion-3.gifther yamaha dealerships to get the recall work done as yamaha is only paying a flat rate for the recall work which my dealer states is not enough.Anyway my question to you guys, is this the kind of timeline and feedback that your getting from your dealership.[?]

·
Registered
576 Posts
most dealers in the states have recall parts backordered until march. Typically, warranty flat rate pays somewhere in the area of 9-10 hours for doing the work. Now, that's not saying that the tech doing the job will be able to repair it in that time. The ones that I will be doing are probably going to take about 12. I will be tripple checking everything so that there are no mistakes. Generally, 2 working days per recall job.

As far as dealers perswading people to take their bikes somewhere else....well, they either can't handle the load, or just plain dont want to be responsable for the fix.

....that's a shame. I'm sorry to hear of things like that. Hope your dealer is taking good care of you[/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts