RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
Not being a @$$ , use the search function.
Some members have used a stater form different Yamaha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
What happened with your starter?

I have 2 starters that I have rebuilt from a few broken starters. I have tested them both on my warrior and they seem to work fine. I will hook you up with one for cheap.
I just request you send me your old starter and if for some reason you decide the starter I send you isnt good or you want a new one let me know and I we work out a deal to refund your money so I can get it back.
New starters are about $430 I will do 175 shipped to you and you pay to ship your old one to me.

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
just out of curiosity would a shop that rebuilds car staters not be able to rebuild a warrior starter?
It depends what the problem is. If the magnets came off and got broken... Then no. I have been unable to find magnets to replace what we have. I even found the manufacturer and they wont sell to the public. The only option is to have them made, which I looked into, but its incredibly expensive because they are curved and very thin and strong.

If you burned it up but the magnets are intact then yes they can rewind it and make it work again. Or something like a bearing or brushes are no problem.

I had 3 starters that were "bad" all 3 were bad because the magnets came off and broke. I was able to take the magnets from 1 and insert in the other 2 starters to make 2 good new starters. Now they may not be as 100% strong as a new one because magnets deteriorate with heat but they started a cold warrior when I put them on it no problem.

Thats also why I say for my deal send me money and your old one and if one of the ones I send you dies. I will give you your money back if you will send me the starter back. its all an experiment for me and I am not looking to get rich. just try to help someone out.

For the price of the roadstar 1700 starters you could buy 4 and just use it until it burns out. I have tried to look up specs and I dont understand why they are different, but they are super different starters. they are both the 1700 cc engine and from what I see compression ratio is close. One if FI one is carbuerated maybe that has something to do with it? But for sure guys on the roadstar 1700's like to upgrade to our starters because they will turn the bike quicker and easier.

·
Administrator
27,734 Posts
Here's what I was told by two who had tried RS starters over the years (both failed within a couple years). There are a couple more turns of copper in the RSW starter. The magnets appear to be slightly stronger. The gearing appears the same. Those small things create a brute.

The RS1600 and RS1700 starters both appear to be the same. Yamaha noted the RSW starter was an improved version, hinting at motor design differences even into th RS1700 years. Dunno.

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
There’s nothing the same between the starters except the gear on the end. Externally the look similar but internally completely different. Ours has 5 thin curved magnets thus allowing for a bigger rotor. Theirs has 4 big square magnets, like a traditional starter.

I agree ours is stronger not even close. But it appears ours are susceptible to heat as in heat destroys the glue holding the magnets in. I’ve opened 5 starters now and am battling 100% on at least one magnet being loose. No not all the starters were from my bike.

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
I used to somewhere.... But cant find them now...

I was just searching the internet. and came across the starter for raiders part number 1D7818900100 I am willing to bet money this is the same starter as ours except a different end on the mounting end. I am tempted to order one and see if I can swap the ends and it works!

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
I used to somewhere.... But cant find them now...

I was just searching the internet. and came across the starter for raiders part number 1D7818900100 I am willing to bet money this is the same starter as ours except a different end on the mounting end. I am tempted to order one and see if I can swap the ends and it works!
Update! Just found a raider starter part# 1D7818900100 for a reasonable price with easy returns if it dont work. I ordered it lol! We will see if this works or not!

·
Premium Member
8,390 Posts
Update! Just found a raider starter part# 1D7818900100 for a reasonable price with easy returns if it dont work. I ordered it lol! We will see if this works or not!
You're the MAN !

·
Premium Member
7,619 Posts
got my fingers crosses. I cant see Yamaha doing a lot of re-engineering for nothing so hopefully they made a warrior starter fit the raider

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
https://www.rswarrior.com/forums/13-technical-discussion/306204-raider-starter-warrior.html#post3871034

Check it out! Looks like it will work!! The kicker is you have to have a still good armature. If you burned up your starter it wont work.
Swap your armature and end caps over to the body of the Raider starter and bolt it up!

The bodies are the identical, dimensionally, but the raider only has 4 magnets, the magnets are the same as ours though! Seems to work so far on my bike though

FYI I am still willing to pay a small fee for any and all old Warrior, Raider or Roadstar 1700 starters! I am less interested in the Road star starters but would like to get one good used one.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts