RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At present I’m not going to go into details as I don’t know them all. I ( stupidly now ) let a friend have a short ride on my girl. He owns a Harley and he has ridden it before. However this time he dropped it. I have told him time and again to treat her with respect. Unfortunately this time he didn’t. As soon as he got onto the highway he opened it up big time. I thought fark in **** take it easy. Well he made it 2 kilometres and they parted company. Luckily there was a grassed in drain area for the girl to be parked upside down. Anyway thanks to the many motorists who pulled up and helped me load the girl onto a trailer and brought her back. Right now my back is killing me so I’m going to take some meds and zone out for a while😩😎

·
Registered
250 Posts
Oh man, that suxx indeed.
Good luck with bringing the girl back onto the street .... ups .... may sound a bit "different" ...... let me rephrase ....... good luck bringing the girl back on the roads ! 😇

Get parts needed organized during recovery of your back, and let the bike killer friend support you with picking parts, transport them, at least let him "pay" for this. He has to apologize each and every day.
Lesson learned: never give a warrior weapon to a HD user :unsure:

Take care, man !

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh man, that suxx indeed.
Good luck with bringing the girl back onto the street .... ups .... may sound a bit "different" ...... let me rephrase ....... good luck bringing the girl back on the roads ! 😇

Get parts needed organized during recovery of your back, and let the bike killer friend support you with picking parts, transport them, at least let him "pay" for this. He has to apologize each and every day.
Lesson learned: never give a warrior weapon to a HD user :unsure:

Take care, man !
Hey Thommy, I spoke to him this morning and he takes no responsibility. I know what speed he was doing as speedo froze 158 kph ( about 80 in the old language ). Being in Australia parts will be hard to find as well as expensive. I have told him time and time again “I know the bike can go quick, YouTube and I have proven it. No need to try and break the speed record when you know it will do it easy. I have pictures of the bike in here so you can see what the paint scheme is. Thanks for your kind words Bro.

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
Whoa bro that $ucks...

And what do mean he takes no RESPONSIBILITY for it ?.?.

That's nothing but BS...

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
527 Posts
horrible story. terrible friend if he's not helping you to bring her back to life. Not cool. make a list of what you need. I'm sure the forum can help you.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
horrible story. terrible friend if he's not helping you to bring her back to life. Not cool. make a list of what you need. I'm sure the forum can help you.
Hey thanks for the kind words. Being here in Australia getting parts would not be easy. Plus the fact that I’m on a Vets pension money is always tight. I got a closer look at the bike today. I found that the backing plate for the hypercharger ( it came with the bike ) is smashed. Being aluminium there is no way it can be fixed. I went through and checked everything. So I made sure I had plenty of oil and petrol, I hit the starter and all I got was a ticking sound from under the seat. I took the seat off and hit the key again and it was still making a ticking noise. I thought back in the day that mean a sick battery, but the battery is three weeks old. I checked all connections then turned the key the same ticking. I hooked the battery up to a charger. When the battery is charged you get a nice green light. So after having the battery on charge for 7 hours I went out to start the bike up. Let me guess yes she ticked again. What I also noticed is the charge went from green to red. It’s been 4 hours since and the light is still red. Me thinks the battery didn’t like being tossed around. If I have misdiagnosed please let me know.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Hey thanks for the kind words. Being here in Australia getting parts would not be easy. Plus the fact that I’m on a Vets pension money is always tight. I got a closer look at the bike today. I found that the backing plate for the hypercharger ( it came with the bike ) is smashed. Being aluminium there is no way it can be fixed. I went through and checked everything. So I made sure I had plenty of oil and petrol, I hit the starter and all I got was a ticking sound from under the seat. I took the seat off and hit the key again and it was still making a ticking noise. I thought back in the day that mean a sick battery, but the battery is three weeks old. I checked all connections then turned the key the same ticking. I hooked the battery up to a charger. When the battery is charged you get a nice green light. So after having the battery on charge for 7 hours I went out to start the bike up. Let me guess yes she ticked again. What I also noticed is the charge went from green to red. It’s been 4 hours since and the light is still red. Me thinks the battery didn’t like being tossed around. If I have misdiagnosed please let me know.
I can't imagine the battery to be damaged but could be. Some times batteries can be "over-charged" which would cause the charge light to turn red. and as for the clicking, more experienced members can probably answer that for you but with my limited knowledge, it sounds like the decompression solenoid - We call it the "click of death"

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well the bike went into the shop today as she refuses to kick over. I know they can’t do anything about the tank 😩. I found more damage too. When I bought the bike it had a hypercharger on it. Well the aluminium backing plate is nearly 2 extra pieces. I was going to change it later down the track, but it will be sooner😡. This person of questionable heritage still hasn’t accepted responsibility nor has he said sorry. I wonder what he would do if I pranged his beloved Harley. Nah can’t do that it’s only an 883. I would be bored shitless getting to the crash site lol. Ya gotta laugh, with all the cap going on in the World lol

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The latest update as of yesterday ( Friday my time ) rang Yamaha To see what the state of the nation was with the bike. The starter motor is cactus, so I asked can it be fixed answer no. So I asked what options were on the table. Op 1. Scour all motorcycle wreckers ( no luck there ). Op 2. Get new one from Japan ( in current circumstances could take a long time ). So phone call went flat and I hung up. I then contacted someone I know of down on the Gold Cost who repairs Warriors. He said either USA or eBay. I came up with the 4 aftermarket ones from a manufacturer called Arrowhead. So contacted Yamaha and said there was one 2 hours away in Brisbane. So now I wait again until I hear back. Still no responsibility taken by f**kknuckle who dropped her, not even a sorry. Sometimes I believe in retrospective abortions 😩😡😎

1 - 10 of 10 Posts