RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
good day to all of you, for those of us here in Sydney its been a rainy week. for the rest of you, I hope you got some sun.
All of that to a side, I'm trying to bring the sleeping beauty out of retirement after almost 4 years :D
Last memory I had with my sexy lady was, getting pulled over(wasn't speeding or anything) long story short I got a bunch of fix it tickets but unfortunately wasn't able to fix it so the rego got cancelled. for some reason the police just loves me on that bike;)
some of you might know, I brought the bike from The States and from day one I had problems with the bike running efficiently.
few years ago some of you guys were kind enough to help me get in touch with some of the long term members here that were truly knowledgeable with the bike. unfortunately I was at a very busy stage of my life and couldn't get anything going or fix it.

Wanted to see if any of you know members on here or anyone that still work on their bikes and also perhaps even work on other Warriors.
The bike needs lots of love and a face lift.
If you guys know anyone that is welling to work on another bike and is happy to take on a challenge, please let me know. It would make both of us happy and of course will pay for their time as well.

my details;

email: [email protected]
mobile: 0448796640

cheers,

som

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Gday Mate,
Surprised that Heff hasn't piped up yet. He's one the "old guys" that love to tinker. Unfortunately he resides in Brisvegas so getting his hands dirty for you might be a bit hard.
Not sure of who you'd speak to in Sydney unless ole Hans finds some time to help you out. He's a man with lots of knowledge and experience but always seems to be away working or building something on his house.
Your best bet may be to give us a list of what your issues are with the bike. You may be surprised at what you can do yourself.
You could start with giving us a list of what setup you have.
ie exhausts, air intake, FI module etc etc.
Good luck.
Cheers

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey thanks spokes. I actually believe it was Hans who reached out to me about 4 years ago. Very nice guy and very knowledgeable. :)
Yah I know it’s hard to find people in Sydney with a place and time to work on their bikes. The bike has a few issues and the Yamaha machanics here simply don’t know how to work on Warriors. Plus I don’t blame theme, there are not that many of them around.
I figured if I’m going to pay anyone to fix the bike, it might as well be someone that truly knows the bike from inside and out. It seems like every time I fixed one issue another one just keeps popping up and that’s why I wanted to reach out to some of the members here that could perhaps take a overlook at everything and see how she is running.
Maybe it’s best if I reach out to Hans again for some advise.

The bike is the 05, straight pipe exhaust, VBak and currently no power commander.
The bike would shut off on my mid ride, after 10-15 min or after riding it. I just totally forgot what Hans mentioned the issue was :rolleyes: also it doesn’t turn on. And when I finally turns over it turns on with a very loud bang coming from the exhaust. And normally it dies again very quickly

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Hey thanks spokes. I actually believe it was Hans who reached out to me about 4 years ago. Very nice guy and very knowledgeable. :)
Yah I know it’s hard to find people in Sydney with a place and time to work on their bikes. The bike has a few issues and the Yamaha machanics here simply don’t know how to work on Warriors. Plus I don’t blame theme, there are not that many of them around.
I figured if I’m going to pay anyone to fix the bike, it might as well be someone that truly knows the bike from inside and out. It seems like every time I fixed one issue another one just keeps popping up and that’s why I wanted to reach out to some of the members here that could perhaps take a overlook at everything and see how she is running.
Maybe it’s best if I reach out to Hans again for some advise.

The bike is the 05, straight pipe exhaust, VBak and currently no power commander.
The bike would shut off on my mid ride, after 10-15 min or after riding it. I just totally forgot what Hans mentioned the issue was :rolleyes: also it doesn’t turn on. And when I finally turns over it turns on with a very loud bang coming from the exhaust. And normally it dies again very quickly

Som,

Power commander is a must, so need to get yourself one, with your current setup. Shutting of mid ride, can be many things. But what it sounds like is one of the recalls that might not have been done, from memory it is the CPS, that causes similar symptoms. Have a look at the error codes that are available in your ECU. There is an E-Manual floating around here on site that will tell you how to get there. If not, PM me and I will see if I can find it for you. Like Spokes mentioned, there are many things you can do yourself, before engaging others. We will help you out where necessary. Have a look where your frame number is, there should be several little punch dot's indicating the recalls are done.

Let us know and we will support where possible

Dutch :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts