RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming from an 03 R1 and considering the 05 Warrior...how are they for two-up riding? I read that you can relocate the rear passenger pegs...

TIA,

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
yup- stock 2-up isnt much better than the R1. however, i relocated my passenger pegs and got a Corbin Dual-Tourer with backrest for the wifey--- shes MUCH more comfortable (and quiet, lol)

·
Registered
453 Posts
Heh heh, Dude make sure you read the post “If your reading this, the bitch fell off!!!” going on right now in General Discussion

·
Registered
407 Posts
They are a lot more roomy for you and passenger compared to the R1. I'm using Corbin classic solo and touring piilion for 2-up, works great.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
I have a Corbin Rumble seat with Yamaha passenger peg relocation kit and 1000lbs spring. My girlfriend and I have gone on several long rides of over 200 miles and did a 600 mile overnighter. She says it's comfortable but not a touring bike. She not very big which helps, 5'3" 110lbs.

·
Registered
445 Posts
My wife likes it with the peg relocation and dual touring seat with backrest. I have an '03, but the '04 comes stock with a more comfortable passanger seat. I think the passenger pegs might also already be relocated on them...

All the low end torque of this thing makes lugging a passenger around very easy at slow speeds while doing some site seeing.

I doubt it is as comfortable as a full-fledged tourer, but it's a lot "sportier" than one.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool, sounds good, looks like the relocation kit is a must, figured I'd change the seat if I get one...going to the dealer again tomorrow...

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Before you go to the dealer please note that the passenger pegs can be relocated but not with the stock "scud missle" exhaust muffler. Pick up a slip-on or a set of 2 into 2 straights before you lower the pegs. After you put on the exhaust of your choice you can see exactly how much you can lower the pegs. Personally, I have the BUB jughuggers and I lowered the pegs so that they are right in line with the swing arm pivot. That and a small Mapam back rest and I don't even know she's back there!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
O5 rear pegs are already relocated compared to 02-03
but could still handle being lower if exhaust permits.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I have the peg relocation kit (a must) w/ISO Wings, MCEnterprises Sissybar and Barons 930lb spring. My wife likes the stock r/seat, says it's soft enough. Be sure if you have the stock spring, to crank it up quite a bit. We went with a heavier spring because we're heavier[B)][^]. If you haul some gear you will need a bigger spring anyway.

·
Registered
223 Posts
You can relocate the pegs for around$50, it lowers it 2" & brings it forward some. When I bought the Warrior after owning a V-Star, my wife looked at me and asked. "Did you buy this with me in mind. What could I say....
rball

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
I heard a lot of whining back there also until I relocated the passenger pegs, a different seat, and adapted and HD Duece backrest for her. Riding is much more enjoyable these days, but about 100 miles a shot is all she can do before we have to take a break and let her stretch the legs and get some feeing back in her ass.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bought the bike and added the Yamaha factory relocation kit, she's much more comforatable, next purchase Corbin dual tourer with backrests...$1100, ouch! Would buy used if anyone has one FS...

[email protected]

Kevin

1 - 15 of 15 Posts