RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SELLING MY Harley AND GETTING A 06 BLUE WARRIOR.I'm tired of the posers and don't fit in. Been riding for over 15 yrs. Will I have regrets? Are there any previous or current members of this forum that had a Harley or have both?I really think the Warrior is at the top of the food chain in the Jap. class of cruisers.How would you say these brands compare?I need some solid advice. I've seen the gallery and u guys have some sweet rides
Please advise.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Well ive never owned a harley but I get people asking me all the time "is that one of those new harleys" I just laugh and say YAMAHA.
I know youll love the ride. **** with so many mods to do, you can make it look original.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
I owned a Harley(FXRS stage III) before i got the Warrior. To be honest, was the best decision i ever made. now i got a fast, dependable, reliable, easily modifiable machine that looks better, is faster and in the long run cheaper to maintain. You will find there are alot of members on here that have Harleys in their stable, or used to own one. personally i dont think you will have any regrets...
just think of all the money you will save on shoes and shirts!!!

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
"Top of the food chain" well if you look at the whole package, looks-handling-performance, IMHO it is... looks handling and brakes its tops and a mod a day can keep the VROds at bay but it your looking for the fastest bike on the street - Someone out there allways has a faster bike no matter what you do.

I think you would be happy with it

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
After seeing the Harleys and I mean all of them at the Dragon I would never buy one.. I saw some that looked Incredible but damm were they slow in the corners.. It wasn't the engine it was the pegs.. Iam sure they can be made to go Faaast but Whats the point if its only forward??? I want an Aprilia Tuono or FZ1.. Those are awesome Bikes!!

·
Registered
22,677 Posts
quote:Originally posted by tremaineiz

.....How would you say these brands compare?

Welcome to the forum. Can I be the first to flame you for asking such a question?[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
477 Posts
Been there, done that... I had an '02 FXDWG so I know exactly what you're going through. The answer is within you and how you are as a person. How's your self esteem? Your willingness to have to fit in with certain crowds? Can you stand to be a little different? If you have to be one of the boys, I'd say keep the Harley and don't jump into the metric market. If you need the Harley to fit in, then yes, there will be days you will have some regrets... Especially on the days when people tell you how much your bike looks like a Harley - like it's the ultimate measure.[xx(]

Now if you can be your own person or true to the sport, then go ahead and jump on that Warrior and don't look back. I went through a rough spell a couple of years ago that forced me to sell my pride and joy FXDWG. I bought the Warrior as an "interim" bike because of the lower cost and I could settle some debt. Boy, looking back now I was so ignorant. I really thought driving it home I was taking a step backwards - no BS. I even remember feeling bittersweet when they handed me the keys looking down at that water heater for an exhaust that just went a lame put, put, puke... Feeling the plastic chrome thinking WTF... I took care of it though and read a lot of stuff on this 4M. The guys here are really into their rides and I saved a ton of dough thanks to the many how to's written up. Now after riding it for 1+ year, putting some mod money into it, and the support of this group 4M for any question, I realize how much more advanced this bike is well beyond any Harley I could ride. Even though I dislike the plastic air scoops, the plastic does serve a purpose of making it lighter and also less expensive to replace if it gets scratched so there is a trade off. Also what Yamaha/Star gives you for paint, the aluminium frame, 102 motor, the clear signal lenses, tack housing, etc... is so far beyond anything you would get from Harley $ for $. I'm on year 2 of ownership and I laugh every time I step into my garage. I also laugh as I out hustle my Harley friends when we go group riding because this handles like a sport bike plus more power. I have no regrets now that I "get it" plus I money left over for my son to have his own YZ. I have not given up my Harley shirts or leather gloves as I like all motorcycles. Mindful that comparing brands of motorcycles is like comparing trucks, some like Dodge, some Ford, some like Toyota's new rig, but I'll stick with my Chevy for my own beliefs. As for motorcycles, I'm Yamaha/Star now all the way... With the metric market growing so rapidly and Victory making a strong coming people are starting to look to other manufacturers more often than just Harley for sure. The future is bright for non-Harley riders which will only benefit us as a consumer. Competition is what gives us better engineering in our bikes so bring it on and let the manufacturers have the pizzing match. All I want to do is ride on a machine that never quits and ride it fast....[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Registered
477 Posts
Oh yeah, forgot to ask, what did Harley ever do for you riding their brand of motorcycle? I'll answer that - nada thing! At least Star sends an annual calendar in the mail to show their owners some appreciation. In the corporate world that is huge...

·
Registered
401 Posts
Sold mine (dyna wide glide)for a warrior I get more lookers more interst in my warrior than I ever got from my harley and for good reason it is twice the bike and I spent a ton of money on the harley and it didn't look or perform anywhere close to my warrior

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
quote:Originally posted by MotoWarrior

Oh yeah, forgot to ask, what did Harley ever do for you riding their brand of motorcycle? I'll answer that - nada thing! At least Star sends an annual calendar in the mail to show their owners some appreciation. In the corporate world that is huge...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
quote:Originally posted by MotoWarrior

thanks so much 4 your post! i've bought 5 harleys from dealers & never gotten squat.That does & did bother me.u really put things into perspective.I feel much better knowing what I'm about 2 do is well worth it & after reading your reply makes all the difference!
thanks, RT[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
I rode HD for 14 years although it would be an antique today. Always loved to look and the sound. Here I get that and power and handling. I'm not here to bash bikes because I love motorcycles, but have I ever regreted buying my Warrior in 02.....never for a moment. Like the guys said if you want to blend in with the crowd Harleys are great, but this is way more unique and you can't wipe the grin off my face when I'm riding it.

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
As the guys have already said, the Warrior has the whole package. I've never owned a Harley although I did try a few out when I found the Warrior instead - never looked back and have been as happy as a pig in S$%^ for the past 4 years. [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] Nothing has yet come along to entice me away from this beast.

Welcome to the best place on the internet, fitted as standard, the Warrior comes with a family of 10,000+

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
The Warrior is a better motorcycle than your Superglide, no doubt about it. I love my Warrior and my Harley Street Glide but each for different reasons. I have considered getting a Dyna and I may do so in the future since I really like those bikes but it's too hard to compare one to a Warrior. As for what did HD do for me for riding their brand? Plenty. I get a calender every year and a gift certificate in the mail for $100 worth of P&A stuff. Also both me and my wife get birthday cards every year. ****, I can't even find a Yamaha shop local to me that wants to do the recall work but your mileage may vary. Also, the paint on my Harley is head and shoulders above the Warrior's Black Cherry with flames. The "flames" are nothing but stickers that are applied under the clear coat and from the chips in the paint I would guess the clear is kinda soft. The Warrior is a great bike regardless and you should be happy if you get one.

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
If I ever own a Harley it will be VERY similar to this.. Bags Radio backrest, shield and it will always be ridden two up.. Hey the wife did say she wanted a bike... 110 kit, 6 speed baker and a little More Chrome...lol...

Insert Image:

78.05 KB

Insert Image:

83.92 KB

Insert Image:

80.92 KB

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]Thanks everyone,keep m commin! I'm @ work on break reading these & can't wait till my day off tomarrow too go get the bike @ my dealer right accross from H.D..What is a good price too get on a leftover blue 06?[?]

1 - 20 of 89 Posts