RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was out cruising this afternoon when I had a young kid try to race me from the light in a brand new Camaro RS (V6 model). I left him pretty easily and pulled hard on him up until about 80-90 each time...we did a few roll races too and same results...I have a feeling the V8 SS would take us though...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Well I only got a slightly modded 2012 SS on motor boltons. But my Warrior wont atand a chance. But up here in my mountians I dont need any more hp. Its all about the handeling. Ive done some syspension mods and I hang with most sport bikes on the tight turnes. Ive had Vettes for 19 years and now two New Camaros. I wouldnt waste any more money on my SS trying to make it faster. Im going to give up V8's after next year and getting a 2800lb 4cyl turbo hot hatch back for my mountian turn car and probably a ZX14 with the computer unleashed by Ivan and toast just about any sport car o-200 mph. Oh and only spend maybe $13,000.00. As long as I can ride two wheels I wont spend that kind of money on another sport or muscel car again. But that is just me.lol.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Great Shelby!! The flat black stripes are a very unique touch and look way better than I would have imagined. The Blue 69' is so bad arse!! 69's are my all time favorite Mustangs. I am a total mustang guy, have owned 8 of them in my lifetime. From a 66' 289 hi po coupe to a 87' 5.0 LX with T-tops... Hmmm... I think I am due for another Mustang. I bleed Ford and Yamaha Blue.

·
Premium Member
1,543 Posts
I'd bet the new ZL1 Camaro would be a challenge.... Supercharged v8 - 580hp.

Would love to own one, but costing around 60-70k is a little much.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'd bet the new ZL1 Camaro would be a challenge.... Supercharged v8 - 580hp.

Would love to own one, but costing around 60-70k is a little much.
The ZL1 is not much of a challenge for the Shelby in a straight line...handling is a diff't story...the ZL1 weighs 300 plus lbs more than my car and is making 82 less hp...my car is making around 825HP right now BTW...lol

·
Premium Member
2,461 Posts
The ZL1 is not much of a challenge for the Shelby in a straight line...handling is a diff't story...the ZL1 weighs 300 plus lbs more than my car and is making 82 less hp...my car is making around 825HP right now BTW...lol
know a guy in town with one of these mustangs, it's fast but it's a scary twitchy damnnn thing according to him, says you can't even drive it in the rain, try to get on it on wet roads it will do nothing but blow the tires off. he's a race car driver so he can handle it and loves it but he says not a car for the masses. it sounds and looks badass though nice car, his son has a Supersnake and a GT40, them guys bleed ford blue:)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts