RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Vendor
4,401 Posts
I havent.. a good friend has a new street glide 103.. we never flat out drag raced ..but he couldn't run away from me from a red light..that's a normal pull out..why do you ask?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I read online that a harley super glide pulled from a warrior at 120mph and that didn't sound right to me unless the guy on the warrior was huge. Plus my dad has a super glide and the engine is smaller and I'm pretty sure it's a heavier bike. How many ponies does the warrior put out and how many does the super glide put out? Just curious if anyone has had experience with this particular combination.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Vendor
4,401 Posts
Shadow..that's a street glide..that extra gear in the harley at about 80 feels like it could stall out..don't know top end on one..but I'm sure they roll out better that a warrior. The new street glide 103 is about 70 hp 100 tq..rushmore adds a little..i dont see why lined up a warrior couldn't spank one..but I see the harley walking away at high speeds..just my opinion..oh. and you can carry gear and take a nap on the harley..lol

·
Vendor
4,401 Posts
Yes..a couple steps up.. uncle just bough a 14 tri-glide...He has a bad hip..haven't rode it yet..we'll give her a test this summer

·
Registered
955 Posts
Unless I am on a super-bike, 120 mph is plenty fast for me. My 110cu in Warrior has plenty of grunt, but there is too much air flow at 120 for me to enjoy it. Now the Repsol is a different animal...

·
Registered
221 Posts
I think it's kinda funny how everything turns to a weight issue on here. I don't think it really matters as long as you enjoy riding your machine. Of course like everyone else I wanted to see how fast my warrior would go and true it does lose it's nuts around 120 (because I'm large and in charge) but isn't that plenty fast enough?

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
I think it's kinda funny how everything turns to a weight issue on here.
ha ha if you are talking about racing, the conversation will eventually get around to weight. the less weight you have to move around the faster you can move it. ****, competitive racers get to the point where they are trying to shave ounces rather than pounds. not busting on the big guys (im fairly large too) just a fact of life

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh yeah. 120 is faster than I will probably ever go. Especially on a warrior maybe get more of a sports bike someday I just like the idea of the warrior crushing the super glide:p

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Vendor
4,401 Posts
If your dad is riding an older superglide..you will embarrass him..even if it has some work done to it....a buddy had a dyna wide glide with he pistons cams etc..about 45 in the motor..made him look stupid...he's a good friend so it's still a sore subject, but I wasn't talking sh!t about jay scrap he was..lol..and 07 midnight 57 and J both hit top speed a few years ago next to each other...and 900 mph is extremely uncomfortable for any period of time on the warrior..dino bbq ride 2 years ago and my arms were sore for a week..lol

·
Premium Member
7,748 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Got several buddy's with harleys. From 98 to 103s. They walk me once I hit 120. Never seen the top of my speedo. 125 is all I can get

1 - 20 of 33 Posts