RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there guys

I m looking to buy a Warrior, I live in UK, in Southend, Essex. If you know one for sale PM me or email me with details.

Thanks

Gaz

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
WHOA! That's a stock 03! For FIVE GRAND? Jeyzus! I'd say it's worth 3 - 3.5k and wouldn't pay a penny more unless it was coming with a *** load of expensive shiny bits, especially pipes and seat. Only 2500 miles is good though but he doesn't mention whether any of the recalls haqve been done, this bike should have had three (the tank recall was for the 02 model only).

I know that he says it wasn't registered until Jul 04 but I promise you this isan 03 model. The seat on the 04 is the split type, like Kenko's but the one shown is the original 02/03 seat. This is 03 stock that didn't move out of the dealership until 2004, it's one of the original 1000 units that were shipped into Europe in 03, all of them were titanium. I know coz I bought one. We had the same problem with Attila's Warrior as they said it was an 04 too.

So effectively this guy is asking for 5k for a bike that is 5 years old, only 2k less than the price of a brand new one! Na. Go to D&K and buy a new one Gaz: http://www.dkmotorcycles.co.uk/dkonline/new_bikes/yamaha.php?mode=details&action=overview&product_id=157

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Brit Warrior

Thanks for reply and the link for DK Motorcycles, unfortunately i rang DK yestreday as it goes, and the guy from sales said they dont have any and cant get them anymore. I know they still make them in US so i dont thinkhe knew what he was talking.

Anyway back to the one from ebayI didoffer 4K but he wanted at least 4.5. As u said i think even 4.5 for standard bike is to much.

So what recalls would apply tothis bike,if its an 03 MY?

Thanks in advance

Gaz

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
v2racer said:
So what recalls would apply tothis bike,if its an 03 MY?

need to get reg no. and ring yami i have the no. if you want it - they will tell you wants been done - can't trust the chassis nos. punches - 3 major recalls for the '03 which all uk bikes are reg'd '04

- they are holding the price here in uk,[yipee] i was looking in june and some slighted models were asking 6k - i paid 5.5k for a 6k fully serviced / history stock bike - you could go on for a long time looking for cheap one, but you'll get gazumped if it's any good - here in london i know a few guys now looking for the right stock bike having seen mine - you could import yourself and get the right price? - i believe only main yami dealers are able to import as official bikes from the states - good luck with the search i'm off to get my daily fix - vrooooom

ps if it was any good at 2k i'd have offered more than 4.5 k - that seems to be a good price for aclean bike - oh and by the way if the 5th gear recall hasn't been done snap it up as it means you get into the engine at no cost for high comp pistons etc - i was so close but no luck as the recall had been done [sob] on mine

1 - 5 of 5 Posts