RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys.

Considering a 2004 Warrior and I wanted to ask those of you that have ridden the bike with a passenger how it is?

My wife is only 5' 2" and about a 110 pounds. She always tells me she can ride just about anything but I still want the bike to be decent for her as well.

The one I am trying to set up a time to go check out looks to have an aftermarket seat. Passenger seat looks better than what I have seen on some stock photos. It also has a sissy bar which is not something my wife has ever requested. It has aftermarket exhaust too and compared to the original stock exhaust, I would think it would allow me to lower the passenger pegs if needed.
Most of our riding is back roads and is normally not more than a couple of hours at a time due to family life stuff. Occasionally we get to do a run up to the mountains.

Any info on the bike would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,053 Posts
My wife is 5'0" and she was good with the stock set up for 40 minutes.
Then I got her a sissy bar and she was better.
Then I dropped the pegs and she was almost great.
Then I gave her a gel pad and she can do an hour till she starts to squirm.

·
Registered
863 Posts
My girlfriend is 5 5 and I have stock peg locations and stock seat. She's good on short rides less than an hour and we've done a few day long rides which probably included three to four hours of riding with stops in between. She was okay for the longer day, but then I rented a venture for a week and she rode the back of that and said wow this is so much more comfortable than the other bike I may never get her to spend a full day on the warrior again.
I would say if you're looking for an awesome bike for yourself get the warrior. You'll love it and it's got the ability to take a passenger on occasion, especially a shorter one who can handle the cramped position on it. If you're looking for something that'll be able to do predominantly two up riding I think you'll be happier with something different.
but even if that's the case buy the warrior you won't regret it. You'll just have to buy another bike to take the little lady on. Or better yet buy two Warriors one for each of you!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
543 Posts
With a stock 2002 seat, a backrest and lowered passenger pegs i took my gf on a 5300km trip in 2 weeks without too many complaints (that's just over 3000 miles for you yanks (and brits))

·
Premium Member
3,053 Posts
Your girl just might have an iron arse. I do not think my woman would do a whole day of riding but that's her as always has to hit the bathroom every hour on the hour.
With a stock 2002 seat, a backrest and lowered passenger pegs i took my gf on a 5300km trip in 2 weeks without too many complaints (that's just over 3000 miles for you yanks (and brits))

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I went and checked out this particular Warrior. It felt pretty good to me sitting on it and I sat on the back as a passenger. With the sissy bar, it did not feel to bad to me at all. I think it would be okay for my wife. She is one of those girls with an iron ass! :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
For me, she's 5'3" and doesn't have any issue with the peg locations. I think the stock seat(s) on my '05 help out a little more than the earlier model single piece. Sissy bar isn't bad - you could strap a bag to it for the longer trips.

·
Registered
24 Posts
im 6'6" 280# and my gf is 5'10" 150. i had peg extension on the front and rear with platforms. corbin seat with drivers backrest. and put a sissy bar on the back. windshield, saddle bagsand sissy bar bag loaded to the gills. did a 12 hr drive to the dragon, dropped bags off at hotel and tore up the dragon for 2 days with no issues (other then dragging pegs/pipes and having to much fun). I sold my bike but i have all the accessories still for sale. In Tennessee.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts