RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I was rtying to find out if any guys listed here ever ride there bikes on long trips. Also anyone have over 50,000 miles on there motors.

Thanks for you input.

* Moved to General Discussion by CarKnee

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have the same Qus. how are the motors running with miles in the 20s range? I think a lot of use are wondering about this and life of the warrior motor bening new.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I herd the samething but I always wonder about miles and things. They are a tuff motor all things we all been doing to them and I have not herd of a large failure.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Like all Jap biles i think this one is built to last. Had a 79 Kawasaki 650 that i just recently unloaded, It was my first bike, I have not rode it in at least 4 years so it has been sitting. Even with 45,000 miles on it, old nasty fuel and being banged up as it is, i just connected a jumper to the battery, and bang it started on the 3rd kick. Unbelievable! I think the Warrior will get better as more miles are put on this motor. Like Rob at Orient said and i agree, these things are definitely bulletproof.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
hmmmmm, from the Middle of March to the Middle of October last year, I put 13k on my bike, at that rate, I'm looking at 4 years to get over 50k. The longest ride so far was Sturgis last year, still trying to decide on on Sturgis again or the AlCan Hwy this year

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
This motor is designed off the 1600 Road* motor & a number oof riders on the Road* forum have 50K + on their bikes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Washingtonwarrior,

How was you body after riding to Sturgis? What kind of milage did you do a day?
By the way i enjoy you website.

Thanks,

Gregg

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
It's easier to tell you that we did about 12 hours of riding a day, some days a little less some a little more. My body felt as good each day at the end as it did at the beginning, no cramps, pains or aches. After a three week road trip I still wanted to be riding. From the time I got my bike in March to the time I put it away in October, I put under 300 miles on my car.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I did an ironbutt run on mine for Daytona 2002.1100 miles in 22hours.Not as comfortable as my Roadstar Silverado but a lot more fun.After 6000 miles no problems.

·
Registered
490 Posts
i road mine from myrtle beach to yellowstone and back in eught days over 6000 miles and felt fine until the last day, the stock seat started to break down and it felt like an egg under my butt. i plan on going to glacier nat park this july with the dual touring seat. it has to be better than stock

1 - 13 of 13 Posts