1 - 20 of 755 Posts

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

It's official!!!

RSWarriors WIDE OPEN THROTTLE FEST, Laurel Springs, NC

...also affectinately known as TWOT Fest
will take place on May 7th - 14th, 2011. That's Saturday to Saturday but you come whenever you can for as long as you can.

Where? FREEBORNES EATERY AND LODGE, just off the Blue Ridge Parkway in Laurel Springs, NC.

As of now the two cottages, suite and most rooms are available. CALL AND MAKE RESERVATIONS!!! Be sure and tell them you are with the RSWARRIOR group so they can sort of keep us together. I could not guarantee the owner how many people would show up so reservations are up to you. Don't wait til the last minute and miss out. This place fills up fast and we are lucky to basically have our pick now because we are planning early. Some groups call and book the entire hotel so CALL CALL CALL!!! DO it now!!! I have.

The suite rents for $175 a night, has two bedrooms, greatroom kitchen, two baths CATV, AC/Heat.

The rooms rent for $75 a night. Each has two double beds, bathroom, AC/Heat and CATV.

Cottage 1, has double beds, full bath, CATV, AC/Heat, sitting room. No kitchen and rents for $75 a night.

Cottage 2. is basically the same but with a double parking garage and rents for $125 a night.

Ten tent sites behind the motel are supposed to be available by spring. There is a campground (Woody's) right next door for tents/campers just in case.

Tent camping will be allowed at Freebornes. No reservation required. $15 per night, per person. A bath house is on site and available for your use.

This place looks great.
There's a restaurant on site, with 35 types of beer in the lounge,tiki bar outside and live bands playing every weekend. The hotel, restaurant, house, cottages and Woody's campground are all within short walking distance of each other, literally right across the street. So if you party hard at night, you don't have to worry about how to get back to your bed.

Plus Dwight and I have some great rides planned in NC, VA and TN. One of which will include the famous 'SNAKE' in TN and other roads such as 89, 66 and 8 in NC and VA and the don't forget the Blue Ridge Parkway which is easily accessbile from Freebornes.
We're gonna have a blast exploring NEW ROADS AND SCENERY so don't miss out!

Hope to see you there!

***Post up if you plan to make it and I'll add you to the list.***

Persons planning to attend:

1. jdpark, NC

2. garnerwarrior and Trilby, NC

3. strtwarrior, OH

4. WarriorDog, TN

5. Marysville Warrior, MI

6. Hurd, KY (and Sara I assume)

7. Sushi_Biker, MD

8. Marine Warrior and Anna, NC

9. lagalaxy8, OH (Hopefully...Mollie's pregnant!)

10. VMaxChuck, MI

11. parkinglot, PA

12. mappieclead,FL

13. Btm_Fdr, FL

14. 1Warlock and Carol, FL

15. bassgizmo, NC

16. TiltedHorizon, PA

17. crescent1101, VA

18. JB 05 Midnight?

19. kickice24 and Kelley, FL

20. messx03, GA

21. SmaShitUp(mike7202), VA tentatively

22. vladens

23. ketsco101, TN

24. Zipper, ?, tentatively from the 11th-13th

25. Centerline, TX

26. Peanut +2

27. Anberlin863 ?

28. on1wheel01

29. Shag ?

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Re: Whateverfest, Spring 2011 Info, pics, video

Well you allready know that i'm IN !!!!!!!!! Oh I bought the Mad Maps For NC and Virginia! SO It's on like Neckbone!!!!

·
Registered
5,214 Posts

YES u do Shawn!! but we might Call it WHATEVAH!!!!!! WE Do what we want Cause thats How we roll!!!!!! FEST!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,413 Posts

WhateverFest 2011. We do what we want, 'cause that's how we roll.

You gotta put this on the T Shirts.

·
Registered
140 Posts

I would possibly be in for that, seeing as I will be single at that time, and can make my own decisions without having to consult with anyone else!

·
Registered
5,211 Posts

A five minute ride 5 is 3 too many. I may have to trailer for half that trip. I'll need a place to house my keg anyway. F'n do-gooders. I still wanna hear drunkin stories JD even if you have to fake it.
The videos would probably be easier to watch if you would quit stopping every 2 seconds.....LOL. Is it my computer or is anyone else getting motion sickness trying to watch them?

·
Registered
5,211 Posts

MarysvilleWarrior said:
I would possibly be in for that, seeing as I will be single at that time, and can make my own decisions without having to consult with anyone else!

What-the Helll are you talking about BEARD?

·
Registered
4,413 Posts

HURD said:
A five minute 5 is 3 too many.
What????
Get your hand off your junk and use both hands to type. Make some sense boy!!!!!!

·
Registered
140 Posts

Can you spell D-I-V-O-R-C-E? After 3-1/2yrs we are calling it quits. She don't want to please me anymore and I dont want to watch her kids anymore!

·
Registered
4,413 Posts

MarysvilleWarrior said:

[YouTube:XoZHhho_TeY&feature=related]

·
Registered
5,211 Posts

MarysvilleWarrior said:
Can you spell D-I-V-O-R-C-E? After 3-1/2yrs we are calling it quits. She don't want to please me anymore and I dont want to watch her kids anymore!

"Sorry"...if that's what you want to hear. "**** Yeah" if that's what you want to hear.

If it ain't gonna work, you can't make it work.

Good luck Beard, but I think you'll be fine.

·
Registered
668 Posts

I didn't make the Dragon either time this year due to weddings and military duty. This is an interesting option because it's 1/2 of the distance to Deal's Gap. I prefer to ride vstrailer my bike, it's part of the experience.

My experience from RTTD '09, is that we actively seek out motorcycle campgrounds that allow us to get a little rowdy. I don't want to get "stupid crazy" and I don't ride after drinking, but I also don't want to be told what time to go to bed, or what kind of beverage I'm allowed to have in my hand. I'm 38 years old for cryin' out loud. Lastly, I don't want to have to worry about having the barn door locked on me, keeping me in or out of my lodging.

I'm interested in what your recon of Rider's Roost turns up. I'm open to tent-camping, biker cabin or bunk-house style of sleeping arrangements. Pretty much all I care about is tolerably clean bathroom facilities. You might ask Rider's Roost if our time frame will conflict with meetings with other large biker groups that regularly stop there, and if they offer a lower rate for large groups.

I'm retiring from the military next month, so I should be able to make whatever weekend you decide to do this.

·
Registered
549 Posts

JD

Anna and I are all in, the new bike feels real good by then I should have some of my nerve in place to make a good ride out of it.

lets talk in Oct about a local get to geather again.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts

Hey Guys, Check out the first Video Jd posted !!! Yes Thats me!!! I RULE!!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!! Now watch it again and pay close attention to all the **** Traffic!!!!!!!! on the Road!!!! Jd filmed us forover 4 minutes and I counted 4 cars that went past !
This was taken around 1pm on a saturday. If he would have filmed us a little longer another one was approaching us! Can u imagine riding on your own private road well watch the video cause thats pretty much what we did. OH the road was full of win if you missed that !!!!! while you were counting all those vehicles!!! FOUR thats all!!! (Note an idiot counted the traffic and He ain't gud wiff maff!!!!!!!)

·
Registered
12,497 Posts

I'd come if some of the people on the list backout.

or if a guy without abike can come.

I'm interested as of now, but by Mollies hopes & dreams she would like to be having a little one around that time. I've been dragging my feet so might give me another reason to hold off.

·
Registered
12,497 Posts

MarysvilleWarrior said:

Well that sucks, hope it goes smooth and everything works out.

·
Registered
179 Posts

VMaxChuck would definately be interested! I would probably trailer down if in April as the weather here in Michigan can be interesting??
Besides, I have to see Jims new ride.............hopefully he can stay ahead of Anna!

1 - 20 of 755 Posts