RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like Yamaha PR are suffering from rectal cranium inversion. I haven't read it all, but it doesn't look good.

http://pub29.ezboard.com/ffz1ownersassociationfrm4.showMessage?topicID=5547.topic

Don't want you to think I'm slamming Yamaha's, just giving you a heads up in case they're looking for others to shut down.

·
Registered
579 Posts
They should concentrate on getting accessories out not stoping people about talking about them. Besides they should put the copy writed materal up on the web themselfs like the manuals and stuff.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I wonder what they're listing on that site that bothers Yamaha so much? There are 5 gazillion V-MAX sites out there??????

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
From what I've read lots of members here own or are going to buy a Warrior because of this site. I place myself in that group. They would be cutting thier own throats if they shut down great sites like this one.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Screw them... We can survive. We will move the site elsewhere. Heck we will get a domain in the bahamas or Canda or other places. Worst case we will remove any specific copyright crap off the site.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
what website? where? this one? naw, this isn't a warrior website, we're here to talk about knitting. I know nothing, I see nothing, I hear nothing

·
Registered
717 Posts
take it easy guys ... the way I read the message, Yamaha clearly did not send the C&D letter to them and in fact told them to continue with the site.

The attornyes who are in charge of these things don't neccessairly relate to these things anyway. Their job is to enforce the copyright law and lawsuit, so they saw something and got all excited about it.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Hahahahaha...welllll...if all this is true...it woudn't surprise me a bit! Just a short period after buying my first Yammy product...99 Road Star...and being in contact with Yammy by phone and mail...I do not like the Yamaha Corp. and it would take very little for me NOT to buy anything else they make.

If i find all this to be true you can bet both of my Yammy bikes will be gone within a week...and it will give me the perfect excuse to build my own bike from the ground up...that i've been wanting to do for quite a while.

I'm not going to call them names...but they and all other Multi-National companies...be they American or foriegn...remind me of POND SCUM, and those that SUCK POND SCUM off the ponds. They also remind me of the ASS-end of SWINE, etc., etc., etc.

I'll shut up now before i really get pissed![/emoticons/emotion-6.gif!]

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
rswarrior.com should be fine. There is no "Yamaha" in the name and rswarrior is not roadstarwarrior.com, which may have some troubles (Sucks for the guy with that name!)

If you have been reading the posts here the last few weeks, you may have read that I am trying to removed any possible copyrighted material. I anticpated this sort of thing and hope to avoid it totally.

The site is going to get a total redesign in the future, and it will not have the smoke show in the top right. The star in the top left was created by me and it is, ever so slightly, different from the official Yamaha star.

If the site goes down I will email all of you and inform you what is going to happen.

Until then, Yamaha is OK in my book. Slow to release products, but OK.

CarKnee

·
Registered
308 Posts
guys, this is a great time to donate to this site. carknee has done a tremendous job with this site. so has all the other people that have helped. i would be PISSED if they shut it down. will join billh and sell. go get me a huffy from my third cousin removed.
donate....
carknee.. e-mail me if anything happens.
toothmaker

·
Registered
174 Posts
well,let me put in my two cents and probably piss some people off but,do you really think that yammie cares that much about the people?or any company for that matter?I'm not saying it's a good thing,just a fact of life.These company's are in bussiness to show a profit,sure they want happy customers,but it's a fine line between protecting your company's logo and trademarks and keeping the customer base happy.they may have gone too far here or there but i'm sure that's to be expected.do you really think harley started the hog organization to foster motorcycle fellowship and togetherness?**** no,it was to inspire brand loyalty to sell more bikes.And if you find out that they don't really care as much as you thought,are you going to switch brands to another (that you apparently thought was a lesser bike,because you did'nt buy it in the first place)so you can feel better about the company?sales and a companies future are job 1 and it always will be.lets see,a warm loving company and piece of crap for a bike,or,a corporate thinking company and a fine machine,whish would you buy?I'll take the best bike thank you.
ok,I've said my piece,but before you start,I'll take a blindfold[xx(]

·
Registered
31 Posts
What you are failing to see is that corporate Yamaha isn't worth a plug nickel wothout you and me. They have made a pretty profit just off of the chat that goes on here. We all understand that Yamaha has to make a profit and don't want that to stop. Because if the profit leaves their business, they won't be in the business anymore. What this site represents is a group of people that are so loyal to a product that they are willing to create and belong to a site that caters to that product. I don't know about you, but if I am manufacturing a product, I pray that there will be a group of people like us to buy and share ideas about that product. That is what is called loyalty. Yamaha should show this same kind of loyalty to it's patons

1 - 15 of 15 Posts