RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
28,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was not logged-in yet and went to the HOME page as usual, and for some reason noticed my forum name listed in the already signed-in members (far right side). I double-checked and I wasn't signed-in.

The only other status item I could think to check is, well, if I'm signed-in, then where does the forum say I am surfing right now? But I had to sign-in to do that lol. So I signed-in and I noticed it look a lot longer than usual for the screen to come back up. So I looked at where the forum said I was surfing, and it wasn't where I was (or where I had just been).

So I logged out, and my status disappeared from the currently logged-in list on the HOME page, as it should.

I don't know why I noticed this. The only thing I can think is someone hacked my profile password, but logically who in their right mind would hack a forum password, is it even worth the energy?

So I don't know what happened or why it happened. But I changed my password anyway figuring it can't hurt.

I wonder what was going on.

·
Registered
111 Posts
From past experience working on forums the active users is usually a polled cycled over the last X amount of time. It also could have reported you signed in based on a cookie file.

·
Premium Member
1,257 Posts
I noticed it kicked me out and I had to sign back in. They might have done an upgrade to something.

·
Administrator
847 Posts
it is the log out session time. Sometimes you stay logged in if you do not log out the last time, and since the long out session time is high, you stay logged in.

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
I haven't logged in or out in forever. My computer stays on and I alway have at least one page on the forum opened.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts