RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen many people just take the water heater off and ride like that. My question is, will it cause any problems to take it off and go for a little ride without bumping the ECU. I dont have a PCIII and will have to do the DIY ECU bump and I want to see if I am going to like it before I make the adjustments.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Arizona,

I started it up and it was LOUD. If I decide to put a tailpipe on it and ride it like that do I need to do any ECU adjusting.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Ride it for a while, then pull a spark plug. If it looks white-bump your ecu. Or pay your dealer to do it. When I did my slip on the ecu bump cost like 30 bucks.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
davidd said:
Ride it for a while, then pull a spark plug. If it looks white-bump your ecu. Or pay your dealer to do it. When I did my slip on the ecu bump cost like 30 bucks.

Thanks thats what I'll do.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
semperfit said:
I am going to like it before I make the adjustments.

I can save you the time already, you're not going to like it. lol With nothing more then the headers it's going to run like crap, sound like crap, and probably give you a headache you'll keep at least a day. I think you'll realize that probably before it would be necessary to bump the ECU but who knows, have fun with it SF.

·
Registered
999 Posts
I agree with Marco. I tried it, and rode for about a week. Too loud, and ran like $hit. New pipes arrived today, and I'm stuck at work.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
i agree 100% with these guys, it will make the bike sound sick and i mean that in a bad way and after being hassled by the cops for breaking all the noise laws you'll be changing it. i honestly cant imagine anyone liking the sound of a straight pipe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts