RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so theres many many choices of wax out there just wondering if ne 1 waxes or has waxed theres and what you have found works the best
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,527 Posts
I have more waxes than I care to admit. I also believe that if possible, dust and quick wax your bike and wash it as little as possible. It's the washing that causes most of the surface scratches. I like a good carnuba was for the warmth it gives. Carnuba needs to be reapplied a lot and it will melt. I also like a good polymer wax for protection.

It seems like I get the best of all worlds by applying a good carnuba followed by Zymol and topped off with Meguiars NXT. In between waxing, I try to wash as little as possible and instead go over the bike with some good quick detailing wax. Believe it or not, I really like rainx quick wax for that. To get my motor back to the black it's supposed to be, s100. Sounds like a lot huh?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
670 Posts
I really like Turtle Wax's "ICE" line of products. They actually encourage you to apply it in the sun, and you can get it on plastic and it doesn't leave any white residue. Plus when your done the surface really is slippery as ice. It's all synthetic based. I've been using it on my bike and my truck. Best line of detailing products I've ever used. Recently they released a spray detailing wax for use inbetween wax jobs. I bought some of that, and it works wonderful. Just a quick whipe down before riding, and it looks like it was just washed. Give it a shot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,527 Posts
Yep, got some ice in the garage too, works well. Well enough to bhe half gone


Scoper50 said:
I really like Turtle Wax's "ICE" line of products. They actually encourage you to apply it in the sun, and you can get it on plastic and it doesn't leave any white residue. Plus when your done the surface really is slippery as ice. It's all synthetic based. I've been using it on my bike and my truck. Best line of detailing products I've ever used. Recently they released a spray detailing wax for use inbetween wax jobs. I bought some of that, and it works wonderful. Just a quick whipe down before riding, and it looks like it was just washed. Give it a shot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,755 Posts
Washingtonwarrior said:
Yep, got some ice in the garage too, works well. Well enough to bhe half gone


Scoper50 said:
I really like Turtle Wax's "ICE" line of products. They actually encourage you to apply it in the sun, and you can get it on plastic and it doesn't leave any white residue. Plus when your done the surface really is slippery as ice. It's all synthetic based. I've been using it on my bike and my truck. Best line of detailing products I've ever used. Recently they released a spray detailing wax for use inbetween wax jobs. I bought some of that, and it works wonderful. Just a quick whipe down before riding, and it looks like it was just washed. Give it a shot.


+2 on Turtle Wax's "ICE"

I use it on my bikes and cars and have stopped using other products.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,695 Posts
madmax66 said:
meguiars liquid gold wax

I use the Ice for the quick shine but when I have time and want something that last I use Meguiars. i took some pictures using my cell phone (don't know how to post them) after using the Meguiars and the shine is out of this world. I wish you could see it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
Preacherman said:
madmax66 said:
meguiars liquid gold wax

I use the Ice for the quick shine but when I have time and want something that last I use Meguiars. i took some pictures using my cell phone (don't know how to post them) after using the Meguiars and the shine is out of this world. I wish you could see it.

+1^ really deep shine
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top