RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
09 Yamaha Warrior midnight
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After getting this bike few weeks ago were finding ALOT was done to it for mods, we just got into the PCIII and found it had a tune./map in it for pipes, air kit and a custom dyne tune. Why a custom dyne tune map ? makes we wonder if it has engine work. Any ways to tell if it has big bore/cam kit ?

·
Premium Member
4,076 Posts
How do you know it is a custom tune? Could that just be the name of the file "custom"
Also you can remove a spark plug and try looking at the piston. Stock pistons are dished....

·
Registered
09 Yamaha Warrior midnight
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do you know it is a custom tune? Could that just be the name of the file "custom"
Also you can remove a spark plug and try looking at the piston. Stock pistons are dished....
We don't know its all a guess lot was done to this bike so were wondering as every video I watched with big bore and cam sounds exactly same as mine so just trying to find out for future and not buying all this if already done

·
Premium Member
4,076 Posts
Honestly it is very difficult to tell by sound as this bike will not lope like others which have cams.
Check pistons. Check ECU.
What gas are you running? 87 or 93?
Also if it was a big bore with cams you would need a bunch more fuel.
So what ECU does the bike have? Is it a speedstar? Does it start with a 5PX-09 model #?
If it is a speedstar rev limiter would be 5,700 rpm.
If it does have the speedstar kit then the fuel injectors would be grey while stock are yellowish.

·
Administrator
29,480 Posts
Many of us had dynotuners do custom air:fuel maps for our Warriors. I had several done. I also got very good at tweaking the tune to match changes in mods. Lots of guys here did the same. So a customer map by itself would not be an indicator of internal motor mods.

The service manual details how to manage the decompression solenoid hardware to allow a compression test. Also, as was stated already, remove both spark plugs from a jug, shine a light in one and peer deeply into the other.

This motor, stock, runs very powerfully on regular octane fuel. For some mystifying reason many folks use high octane fuel anyway. If you do, then try running the tank low so fuel light comes on, then add one gallon of regular octane fuel and if the motor does not ping then its standard compression pistons. If it does ping its okay you have room to add high octane fuel to correct.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts