RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 40 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Turning the dark mode ON on pages similar to this one (Do It Yourself - DIY Mod List) makes the page unreadable. The problem is with the font color, it stays black. Black on black -- > nnight.. zzz 🤓
I am sure it'll take some time to polish everything. I am patiently waiting to see the full site potential.

·
Administrator
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Turning the dark mode ON on pages similar to this one (Do It Yourself - DIY Mod List) makes the page unreadable. The problem is with the font color, it stays black. Black on black -- > nnight.. zzz 🤓
I am sure it'll take some time to polish everything. I am patiently waiting to see the full site potential.
Unfortunately, they likely chose a specific font color so some of them may have issues that need to be edited.

- Cricket

·
Registered
244 Posts
From what I see that migration didn't fix the links problem that the older site had. Many links are still broken on different pages with lots of helpful information. They either lead to "oops page" , or content not found.

·
Administrator
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
From what I see that migration didn't fix the links problem that the older site had. Many links are still broken on different pages with lots of helpful information. They either lead to "oops page" , or content not found.
If you have a list of broken links I can report this in case this is something that can be fixed.

- Cricket

·
Registered
244 Posts
If you have a list of broken links I can report this in case this is something that can be fixed.

- Cricket
I am not collecting them in the list :) . As an example just go to this page(Do It Yourself - DIY Mod List), scroll down to where bunch of links were collected for different mods. I am sure you'll see lots of broken links there. There are many pages like that that have a whole list of links with different topics. Those links were broken before and even now. Hope that helps :)

·
Administrator
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I am not collecting them in the list :) . As an example just go to this page(Do It Yourself - DIY Mod List), scroll down to where bunch of links were collected for different mods. I am sure you'll see lots of broken links there. There are many pages like that that have a whole list of links with different topics. Those links were broken before and even now. Hope that helps :)
If they were already broken on the old site, this may be something we can't fix, but I will look into this.

- Cricket

·
Registered
6,339 Posts
It's very different that's for sure..
BUT DO YOU KNW WHATS GOING ON WITH TAPATALK?.?
ALL I GET IS THE ICON TURNING BUT WONT LOAD

·
Administrator
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
It's very different that's for sure..
BUT DO YOU KNW WHATS GOING ON WITH TAPATALK?.?
ALL I GET IS THE ICON TURNING BUT WONT LOAD
Other users who had this issue found that if they logged out of Tapatalk (you may want to force close the app in your app settings on your device) and cleared the cache for the app that they were able to log back in. Can you try this and let me know if it helps?

Have you tried accessing the site from your mobile browser yet? The site is responsive, so it will adjust automatically for you from any device. Check it out and let me know what you think!

- Cricket

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
I understand I'm a crabby old man who is set in his ways but this is terrible. I'm sure I will get used to it in a few weeks but **** dudes. I've been on this forum for 10 years and I cant find crap.

·
Registered
6,339 Posts
Yeah Evil I'm the same way bro....
Cant find my way around it ....
Guess we need more time to mess with it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,617 Posts
What parts of it are you not a fan of?

- Cricket
there is just too much going on on a page. too busy also before I could easily find my photo album which means others could easily find it as well. now when I find the photo album page it is not listed logically like the old one i.e. before it stated photo album 1, 2 etc and when you clicked on that particular album you went to the associated pictures whereas now once you find the albums there are a bunch of pictures but nothing that really states which album is which

·
Premium Member
2,587 Posts
there is just too much going on on a page. too busy also before I could easily find my photo album which means others could easily find it as well. now when I find the photo album page it is not listed logically like the old one i.e. before it stated photo album 1, 2 etc and when you clicked on that particular album you went to the associated pictures whereas now once you find the albums there are a bunch of pictures but nothing that really states which album is which
I agree. Here's the old lay out and the new lay out. It should Not be so complicated. There's no title to each album being shown as there was before. It should be visible.

Rudy Jeremias

·
Premium Member
2,587 Posts
I mentioned earlier about getting our badges back and the reply to that was trophies. It's not the same thing at all. All of us who had the badges displayed in our profile and in each reply comment below our screen name. We worked for and won them through voting and recognition from members. Aswell as our member seniority rating right below our screen name.
Please see the pics. Trophies don't replace these and that also makes this forum seem like a game to win prizes.
We're speaking out and we should get recognition.
We're asking for some things back not replaced.

Rudy Jeremias

·
Premium Member
5,167 Posts
Just because this works for other sites you upgraded, does not mean it will work for all. I love this place and spent a lot of my day here. but when half of the crap we worked for disappears over night and the info is harder to share or find, it will be less of a resource for info of the masses. Don't get me wrong I will still be here but looks like a kids achievement site now with useless broad cast. Hopefully wont get kicked for rant.

·
Premium Member
7,617 Posts
Why make changes just for the sake of making changes. The site worked very well and the layout was easy to access and understand. sometimes things are just better left alone. Maybe it is just a situation of getting used to the new however once we are used to it it does not mean it will be any better. Now when Facebook members try to join the forum no one here can really guide them as no one here knows all there is to know about the new platform. So what happens the facebook member gets frustrated, goes back on facebook and tells everyone about his crappy experience on the forum and how there was no one here that could help them and as such we do not grow and for us it is hard to grow as there are only so many Warriors out there and there will not be any more.

21 - 40 of 94 Posts