RS Warrior Forum banner

41 - 60 of 106 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,714 Posts
Why make changes just for the sake of making changes. The site worked very well and the layout was easy to access and understand. sometimes things are just better left alone. Maybe it is just a situation of getting used to the new however once we are used to it it does not mean it will be any better. Now when Facebook members try to join the forum no one here can really guide them as no one here knows all there is to know about the new platform. So what happens the facebook member gets frustrated, goes back on facebook and tells everyone about his crappy experience on the forum and how there was no one here that could help them and as such we do not grow and for us it is hard to grow as there are only so many Warriors out there and there will not be any more.
This is exactly how it is. I run the Main and Biggest Warrior Facebook group and So many members have moved on to Facebook from here. This New layout is being talked about now on there and this forum Is going to lose more members. For some time now this was a worry for me and others. The forum was the go to place and So many members from here have pushed Facebook members to go here with links to Answers and Mods ood various types, with member voting to win prizes and badges of achievement ECT. I guarantee this will come to an end of refereing them Facebook members to here. It's a sad thing.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,761 Posts
The ONLY improvement I've experienced with the new format is the Bookmark feature all else is thumbs down!
FWIW ... Carknee introduced this feature many years ago and it was a wonderful tool to Tag threads of value which I did and built a library. Unfortunately the feature was lost either when VerticalScope (VS) took over or previous to them during a software upgrade.
I noticed in my forum photo gallery that my long descriptors under the photos have been truncated. It's too bad that VS didn't forewarn us of their design changes :(

·
Registered
100 Posts
I notice that most posts which had images/photos illustrating certain remedies or how things should be assembled or that illustrated certain ways to fix things/parts ect have lost these photos/images. Where these images/photos once were there is now just a little square with a question mark or a notice saying "unable to display image" or a triangle with an exclamation sign. This is very frustrating as these images were extremely helpful in illustrating the problem and how to fix or repair or assemble the parts involved.

·
Administrator
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I notice that most posts which had images/photos illustrating certain remedies or how things should be assembled or that illustrated certain ways to fix things/parts ect have lost these photos/images. Where these images/photos once were there is now just a little square with a question mark or a notice saying "unable to display image" or a triangle with an exclamation sign. This is very frustrating as these images were extremely helpful in illustrating the problem and how to fix or repair or assemble the parts involved.
Can you give me some examples of this? I need the URL of the threads so I can look into this issue.

- Cricket

·
Registered
342 Posts
I guess my only question is; Why? Why make such a drastic change to the forum? I'm assuming it has something to do with a cost-down opportunity but I can't figure out how. You typically only make such changes for one of two reasons; 1) you believe it is an improvement and will increase membership, or 2) it's a cheaper option and you don't think it will decrease membership.
As others have pointed out, #1 just won't happen - The bike has not been produced in 10 years. So I assume it's a case of #2?

From my standpoint: I sold my warrior last summer. I have a bad habit of going through bikes quickly. But I still hang out on this forum because of the people... this forum, which is the members of the forum, is just awesome. The technical expertise, the camaraderie, just an awesome group of guys that look out for each other. There have been other bike's forums that I could not get away from fast enough... a bunch of self-righteous ditships that spew ignorance and misinformation. Anyways, from what I've seen, I am not the only non-warrior owner that continues to hang around because of the incredible members here. But for me to learn an entirely new interface for a forum that I don't own a bike for anymore... it's a tough sell. Will I continue to read posts and post a response now and again? Yeah, I probably will. Will I take the time to learn how to make albums now and do anything beyond the min? No, probably not.

Just my $0.02.

·
Administrator
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I guess my only question is; Why? Why make such a drastic change to the forum? I'm assuming it has something to do with a cost-down opportunity but I can't figure out how. You typically only make such changes for one of two reasons; 1) you believe it is an improvement and will increase membership, or 2) it's a cheaper option and you don't think it will decrease membership.
We understand that there are some inherent changes in moving from vBulletin to Xenforo. However, vBulletin’s infrastructure does not provide the flexibility to be able to provide additional improvements. Continuing on that platform without the ability to maintain a better experience for all of you is just not an option moving forward. We know you expect and deserve continuous improvements over time.

In the past, we have upgraded more slowly. Unfortunately, this became technically difficult and often times would break other features when updates were attempted. Making the bigger investment now in the new platform sets us up to respond faster to your feedback moving forward.

Your security and data are extremely important to us. Modern software and upgrading systems are critical to keep us advanced in providing a better and more secure experience for you to share content. Not updating the software would have made that increasingly difficult over time as other technology advances.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
How To Add A Gallery

Click on the 3 vertical dots near the upper-right-hand corner of the community.

Click on “Gallery” in the drop down menu.

From the left side navigation, click on “Your albums”.

Near the top right of the page, click on “Add media”.

A popup will open. Click on “Create personal album”.

First, add a title to your album and a description. Now it is time to click “Upload file”.

Once you have uploaded your file, add some information for the image.

When you are done, click save.

When need to add to your album, click on “Gallery” from the drop-down menu below the dots in the upper right-hand corner of the site again.

Click on “Your albums” from the left-side navigation.

You can click on the add media button again.

And then click on “Add media to existing album.

Or if you prefer, when you click on “Your albums” you can just click on the specific album where you want to add the image(s)

When you click on a specific album, you will also see some privacy options so you can decide who can view your images and who can’t.

- Cricket

·
Registered
283 Posts
For me, I'm fairly new to the forum comparatively speaking and don't have the invested time and energy in my signature, photo albums, MOD links etc... that the others on here have and can only imagine some of the frustration. The new layout is pretty busy for my taste but I'm hoping as I poke around, things will become more familiar and easier to access and navigate. One of the biggest complaints about the forum that I have and have been experiencing with the old version as well is the dead links. When I'm looking for something specific and I find the link I look at it for a second and cross my fingers and hope that it leads to something and not the dreaded deadlink page that so often pops up. This is so frustrating and disheartening and I can only hope that something can be done for that as there is so much I want to do and research though I keep running into walls. With that said, this is coming from someone who has no idea what goes into maintaining something with so much shared information that it must be daunting. I guess I can only assume this transition is meant to be a good thing and came from a positive place and I'm incredibly grateful for those of you who maintain the threads, the site and all the other peripheral things that allow me to come here and engage with this community for free and share the love of riding and tinkering of this bada$$ bike of ours. So, thank you and I hope this all gets easier as we move forward!

Daniel

·
Registered
100 Posts
As others have pointed out, #1 just won't happen - The bike has not been produced in 10 years. So I assume it's a case of #2?

From my standpoint: I sold my warrior last summer. I have a bad habit of going through bikes quickly. But I still hang out on this forum because of the people... this forum, which is the members of the forum, is just awesome. The technical expertise, the camaraderie, just an awesome group of guys that look out for each other. There have been other bike's forums that I could not get away from fast enough... a bunch of self-righteous ditships that spew ignorance and misinformation. Anyways, from what I've seen, I am not the only non-warrior owner that continues to hang around because of the incredible members here. But for me to learn an entirely new interface for a forum that I don't own a bike for anymore... it's a tough sell. Will I continue to read posts and post a response now and again? Yeah, I probably will. Will I take the time to learn how to make albums now and do anything beyond the min? No, probably not.

Just my $0.02.
Can you give me some examples of this? I need the URL of the threads so I can look into this issue.

- Cricket
Here are just a few examples...there are too many too list them all here..... Maybe a new fuel tank leak
In the following link in one post there are two links given to other conversations on this forum but clicking on them leads to a message saying "OOPS Page cannot be found" Also some important pics I wanted to look at dont show up, all you see is "TINYPIC This image is no longer available". Frustrating man! Fuel tank leaking.

·
Administrator
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Here are just a few examples...there are too many too list them all here..... Maybe a new fuel tank leak
In the following link in one post there are two links given to other conversations on this forum but clicking on them leads to a message saying "OOPS Page cannot be found" Also some important pics I wanted to look at dont show up, all you see is "TINYPIC This image is no longer available". Frustrating man! Fuel tank leaking.
I am looking into this, but that thread is from 2013. Is it possible those links were already broken prior to the new platform?

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
8,761 Posts
Here's a Typical Loss of Invaluable Pictures that were present prior to the New Platform of VS. It's a sorry day I'm saddened to say.
I've been DUNNED by your new software in the attempt to recreate lost links in my contributions because I've exceeded the new (10) count rule of making changes :mad:

·
Premium Member
8,761 Posts
We are still looking into this issue.

- Cricket
What about your NEW 10-point Rule mentioned above?
  • I've been DUNNED by your new software in the attempt to recreate lost links in my contributions because I've exceeded the new (10) count rule of making changes :mad:

·
Administrator
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I will definitely pass on your feedback to the team but for now, what I understand is that this is how editing is set up.

How To Edit A Post

Click on the 3 vertical dots to the far right of the timestamp. Select “Edit”.

Members have unlimited editing of new posts for the first 24 hours after posting. Up to 10 existing posts (older than 24 hours) may be edited per week. More editing will be allowed as each of those 10 edits expires every 7 days.

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
7,724 Posts
How To Add A Gallery

Click on the 3 vertical dots near the upper-right-hand corner of the community.

Click on “Gallery” in the drop down menu.

From the left side navigation, click on “Your albums”.

Near the top right of the page, click on “Add media”.

A popup will open. Click on “Create personal album”.

First, add a title to your album and a description. Now it is time to click “Upload file”.

Once you have uploaded your file, add some information for the image.

When you are done, click save.

When need to add to your album, click on “Gallery” from the drop-down menu below the dots in the upper right-hand corner of the site again.

Click on “Your albums” from the left-side navigation.

You can click on the add media button again.

And then click on “Add media to existing album.

Or if you prefer, when you click on “Your albums” you can just click on the specific album where you want to add the image(s)

When you click on a specific album, you will also see some privacy options so you can decide who can view your images and who can’t.

- Cricket
seriously we have to recreate our albums?

·
Administrator
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
seriously we have to recreate our albums?
I am seeing albums for you within your gallery.

Click on the 3 dotes near the upper right-hand corner of the site. Select Gallery.

Then in the left side navigation, select Your albums.

The ones with folders on them are albums.

You can also find your albums on your profile page.

- Cricket

·
Registered
965 Posts
Nothing was working with tapatalk, I just got the spinning wheel of death. So I came here to complain and was forced to reset my password cuz it wouldnt accept the one saved in google. Now tapatalk works. whats frustrating is that I was never told on tapatalk that my password was bad or to login again, So i figured it was site issue.
Why do I keep gettig the "take a survey" popup? I deciuded to take it to share my feedback about the site, but all the questions I got were about my "interaction with verticalscope team members" I havent had any, just wanted to share feedback about the site, but since there is no option to answer N/A to those questions what do I do? I quit the survey cuz I not going to give a rating for something I havent experianced. after that I am still getting the popup.
I belong to another forum "titantalk" that switched to this platform and it had alot of issues with tapatalk integration at that time. That forum seems to have gotten alot quieter after the switch FWIW.

Also let me say Pagination SUCKS! is there a way when viewing a thread we can see all replies in a row. pagination feels like a BBS.

·
Administrator
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Nothing was working with tapatalk, I just got the spinning wheel of death. So I came here to complain and was forced to reset my password cuz it wouldnt accept the one saved in google. Now tapatalk works. whats frustrating is that I was never told on tapatalk that my password was bad or to login again, So i figured it was site issue.
Since Tapatalk is a 3rd party app, that isn't something we have a lot of control over. In some cases, folks have found just clearing the Tappatalk cache resolves issues.

Have you tried accessing the site from your mobile browser yet? The site is responsive, so it will adjust automatically for you from any device. Check it out and let me know what you think!

Why do I keep gettig the "take a survey" popup? I deciuded to take it to share my feedback about the site, but all the questions I got were about my "interaction with verticalscope team members" I havent had any, just wanted to share feedback about the site, but since there is no option to answer N/A to those questions what do I do? I quit the survey cuz I not going to give a rating for something I havent experianced. after that I am still getting the popup.
Have you tried clicking the X to close it?

- Cricket

41 - 60 of 106 Posts