RS Warrior Forum banner

61 - 80 of 106 Posts

·
Administrator
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
How do we access our uploaded Attachments that were previously listed in our old profile?
There isn't a link to every attachment you have uploaded to the community like you may have seen on vBulletin.

Is that what you are referring to?

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
8,701 Posts
There isn't a link to every attachment you have uploaded to the community like you may have seen on vBulletin.

- Cricket
YES ... Absolutely!

·
Registered
937 Posts
Since Tapatalk is a 3rd party app, that isn't something we have a lot of control over. In some cases, folks have found just clearing the Tappatalk cache resolves issues.

Have you tried accessing the site from your mobile browser yet? The site is responsive, so it will adjust automatically for you from any device. Check it out and let me know what you think!

Have you tried clicking the X to close it?

- Cricket
I tried to visit again with tapatalk and it froze again. So I logged out and then logged back in and it worked.

I didn't know that with the new format we could avoid tapatalk, which I kinda prefer anyway. So that a plus, but when I went directly to rswarrior.com and tried to login i got this error message. I tried it using both me username and email and I know the password is correct cuz I just reset it this morning. Can you help?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
937 Posts
I tried to visit again with tapatalk and it froze again. So I logged out and then logged back in and it worked.

I didn't know that with the new format we could avoid tapatalk, which I kinda prefer anyway. So that a plus, but when I went directly to rswarrior.com and tried to login i got this error message. I tried it using both me username and email and I know the password is correct cuz I just reset it this morning. Can you help?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Well after trying to login several times I went to tapatalk to post the above. I then came back to rswarror.com and was able to login and am now posting this to the site directly. The whole thing just feels glitchy.

And tell me again why we can't get rid of the pagination when viewing threads?

·
Administrator
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Can you make sure this is the URL you are accessing in your mobile browser?

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
8,701 Posts
After using this site a few times now I have to say I really miss the "active topics" button. It just seemed so much simpler to navigate, one button every current topic right there,
+1

·
Administrator
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
After using this site a few times now I have to say I really miss the "active topics" button. It just seemed so much simpler to navigate, one button every current topic right there
Click the NEW icon and select "popular".

Near the upper right-hand corner of the community, you will see navigation icons.

The first icon is for what’s new on the site.

Clicking on it, by default, will take you to new unread posts.

On that page, you can click on additional tabs as well, such as Popular, if you prefer to view active topics. You can also mark all as read.

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
8,701 Posts
How do we access our uploaded Attachments that were previously listed in our old profile?

- Cricket
YES ... Absolutely!
Is there anyway at all that I/we can access our Attachments from the prior vBulletin platform?
Very specifically, there are hosted pdf attachments that I might update for the forum members from time to time.
In the past I could overwrite the earlier file with an updated file and still maintain the original Url / link. Therefore the existing links throughout the forum would be the latest file version!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Is that only me? I am just not into current home landing page. I think it should show the threads that were most recently updated, threads where users interacted in a last 24-36 hours . Instead it is showing a Trending discussions where folks have not posted for years. IMHO I don't think that's the best experience from UserXperience perspective.
With current flow, if you'd want to get to the page where someone just added a new message(s) - you would have to deal with multiple clicks, extra navigation steps till you get to the page you want.

·
Premium Member
8,701 Posts
Is that only me? I am just not into current home landing page. I think it should show the threads that were most recently updated, threads where users interacted in a last 24-36 hours . Instead it is showing a Trending discussions where folks have not posted for years. IMHO I don't think that's the best experience from UserXperience perspective.
With current flow, if you'd want to get to the page where someone just added a new message(s) - you would have to deal with multiple clicks, extra navigation steps till you get to the page you want.
Alex copy this url to your PC or other devices: https://www.rswarrior.com/whats-new/ :)

·
Administrator
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
The developers are actively working on a better homepage for us I hope to hear an update on this soon.

How To Find New Posts

Near the upper right-hand corner of the community, you will see navigation icons.

The first icon is for what’s new on the site.

Clicking on it, by default, will take you to new unread posts.

On that page, you can click on additional tabs as well, such as Popular, if you prefer to view active topics. You can also mark all as read.

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
3,230 Posts
Cricket, I also liked when you first logged onto and you had a private message it would alert you immediately. Instead I need to click on my account to see if I have any messages.

Also what are "points" for when you hover over the avatar?
Or what is media or showcase?

·
Administrator
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Cricket, I also liked when you first logged onto and you had a private message it would alert you immediately. Instead I need to click on my account to see if I have any messages.

Also what are "points" for when you hover over the avatar?
Or what is media or showcase?
When you have alerts and/or conversations (private messages) you will see a red dot above your avatar near the upper right-hand side of the site.

The reaction score is related to the number of positive reactions (likes) you have received on your posts. The points are related to trophies.

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
3,230 Posts
When you have alerts and/or conversations (private messages) you will see a red dot above your avatar near the upper right-hand side of the site.
- Cricket
Yeah but I see a red dot all the time since I post alot. On the old format you were alerted to PM specifically which is always important to me. Just saying

·
Premium Member
8,701 Posts
Is there anyway at all that I/we can access our Attachments from the prior vBulletin platform?
Very specifically, there are hosted pdf attachments that I might update for the forum members from time to time.
In the past I could overwrite the earlier file with an updated file and still maintain the original Url / link. Therefore the existing links throughout the forum would be the latest file version!

WHAT ABOUT THIS QUESTION?

61 - 80 of 106 Posts