RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chad "Gawarrior" Clifton died today from post surgical complications that were a result of an injury he sustained last Wednesday, June 18th

Chad was active here in the early days of RSWarrior.com. He recently rekindled his passion for the Warrior after taking a spin on mine in March, and was looking forward to getting back in the saddle. An avid competitor on two wheels, Chad never backed down from any challange. He was a fun spirited, and kind souled person that would bring the mischief out of anyone but always made people feel at ease while doing so.

After knowing him though this site and the R1 forum for 6 years I finally came to meet him during the Elviswarrior memorial trackday. He greeted me like an old friend as I did for him. We shared duties as control riders for the event which went remarkably with no crashes or red flags, (a rarity these days!).

Chad joined the R1 Forum and developed his skills as a racer in the years to follow. Initilly getting the bug as a trackday rider he eventually became competitive enough to compete on a Regional/National level and won the Wera Regional championship for Novice riders. He competed at the expert level this year and had good success with several podiums finishes.

He will be sorely missed as he was a big part of the R1 family. His smile, laugh, and warm approach is gonna be missed.

May you rest in peace my brother

Please click on the link below.

http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236772

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Extremely sad news, he used to be a pretty active user on rswarrior.

prayers will go out to him and his family....

he will be missed......

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. There are but a few places where you can find compassion and support like this in these times. The biker community is one of those places that comes together in difficult times like no other. We're all connected in one way or another.

I am humbeled to be a part of it.

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
southboundchicken said:
always sad to hear of another biker down, god knows he's in a better place and i'mpraying for strength for all his family and friends
Very well said. Sorry for your loss JP and otherssounded like a great guy..

·
Premium Member
4,412 Posts
JP, I remember the screen name of GAWARRIOR from the very early days of RSWARRIOR.com, it is sad to hear of his passing. Prayers are out from N.GA for Chad and all of his family, it is evident that his absense is already being felt.

Joe

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
I saw it on the R1 forum yesterday but could not think of what to add. He was at the MX track when I was at the gap last wed. Sad that he did not recover, Seems like he was going to be OK but then this. At least he got to know that the people around him loved him before he passed.

It was almost exactly a week after his accident that claimed his life, right down to the hour.

Very very sad.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Very very sad, Chad was the reason I always loved a warrior. I was used to hawk the R1-Forum daily and would see his posts daily and would chit-chat about warriors ect. till the day we finally got one years later he was well into his career with racing, then got into motarding. Very very sad, my heart weighs heavy right now, I did not even know about his illness until yesterday and recently found out he passed away.

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well it was an emotional weekend. I made the trip up to Atlanta to spend the weekend with Chads friends and family. The memorial services Sunday were heartfelt with a few close friends sharing stories about Chad.

The family expressed gratitude for the kinds words that were expressed here and in a few other Motorcycle forums.

Thank you.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts