RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have an idea which you think will improve these forums or any part of this web site, please post it here.

Also, I can not guarrantee any features you request will make it in or when, but where possible, we will try our best given our time commitments.

Please do not post a reply if it does not contain a request

Thanks,
CarKnee

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
Also, can us lowly members use avatar's? I see you have a warrior for yours. Or is that an incentive program? Do they keep changing each level? I hope the next level is something cooler than a star. Just giving you a hard time, though, everything here is great, it's obvious you have devoted a great deal of time for all to benefit.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
quote:Originally posted by sangathor

Carknee,
I don't see anything about MSN Messenger in the profile, are you sure you added it?

You shuld be able to add it in (in the MSN field) when you edit your profile:
http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/pop_profile.asp?mode=Edit

Re Avatars:
I am considering installing an Avatars MOD. It may go in the future [?]

As for my image of the warrior... THere has to be some perks to be the web master [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

Stars are it for now. Every "rank" change gives you another star.

CarKnee

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sangathor,
You got it! [8D]

Whenever a bike is added or edited OR an image is deleted, modified or added it will be marked on the gallery page.

CarKnee

·
Registered
359 Posts
This is for the Sick1.
I am also in Columbus, OH (Galloway) We need to hook up & go riding. Haven't seen any other Wariors around here.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Carknee,any way of making people fill out there profiles before becoming members?I usually click on the profiles of the newbies but most of the time theres no info. Later Dwayne

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
quote:Originally posted by islecruiser

Carknee,any way of making people fill out there profiles before becoming members?I usually click on the profiles of the newbies but most of the time theres no info. Later Dwayne

Technically I can do that, but I will respect peoples privacy.

I believe that people who regularly contribute to this board will supply their info. If people just want to make an anonymous post they can.

I have another site that requires a lot of info to download information... We get so many Mickey Mouse @ Disney.com is is unreal! If people dont want to supply the info, they wont; required or not.

I think everyone here agrees that I try to modify the site based on what people want, but this one stays as is.

Sorry,
CarKnee

·
Registered
99 Posts
Not sure if you have ever visited this site beforehttp://pub114.ezboard.com/byamahar6messagenet but it's really come along way for the R6 riders, (which I used to be). You might be able to get some ideas off of this board they get a ton of hits everyday. One thing that Hooligan, (the main Moderator) has done is allow people who have knowledge of computers do a lot of the graphic type stuff for him and then he uses it to dress up the look of the board. Informational I think this Warrior board is set up great.

My2cents

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
quote:Originally posted by taiwanjohn

How come you can subscribe to some discussions, and not others? I was trying to subscribe to the MN ride club.

Subscriptions put a HEAVY load on the server. Every time a message is submitted it needs to check if there is anyone subscribed, if so it needs to send an email to everyone on the list. I wasnt going to enable the feature at all, but I settled on three Forums. The two Warrior forums, and the Site News & Comments Forum.

quote:Originally posted by Chalky

Not sure if you have ever visited this site beforehttp://pub114.ezboard.com/byamahar6messagenet but it's really come along way for the R6 riders, (which I used to be). You might be able to get some ideas off of this board they get a ton of hits everyday. One thing that Hooligan, (the main Moderator) has done is allow people who have knowledge of computers do a lot of the graphic type stuff for him and then he uses it to dress up the look of the board. Informational I think this Warrior board is set up great.
My2cents

No I have never seen that board! Thanks. However I do check out many of the other boards that are out there. I do try to implement the same features as some of the others around.
Graphic wise... yes the site looks good, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

quote:Originally posted by Wendiselam
is there a way to find out who in the profile area is in your location city state ect with out going through the complete 300 names?? If so please e-mail me with this [email protected] Sorry mickey mouse. com was already taken...

No. Not yet. I added the state listing in the members.asp page, but there is no search on that yet. It is pretty complicated to implement, and I can't get myself to dive into it yet.

Stay Tuned...

Thanks!
CarKnee

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
OK, I believe subscriptions put heavy loads on the servers. Have you thought about painting them Titanium, and taking the seat straps off? That, and a Propipe should make them more than speedy enough.[/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

TJ

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Hey! Great job with the thumbnails in the gallery! NICE touch! I wonder how the dialup slobs feel though, as this takes quite a while to load with my broadband... Are you running your own servers CarKnee? or, who is hosting this site? Just curious.

TJ

1 - 20 of 169 Posts