RS Warrior Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have an idea which you think will improve these forums or any part of this web site, please post it here.

Also, I can not guarrantee any features you request will make it in or when, but where possible, we will try our best given our time commitments.

Please do not post a reply if it does not contain a request

Thanks,
CarKnee

·
Registered
629 Posts
On another list I visit there is a feature under the replies column that lists in parens how many replies have been made since you last viewed them, if any. When you click on the topic you are then taken to the new replies you have not viewed. This saves scrolling down through the replies you've already read.

Also, right now the number of pages, 1, 2, 3, etc., of replies are listed after a subject. If after the last page listed clicking on "all" would show all replies without having to go to each page. A helpful feature.

Thanks for the great site.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
It would be nice so that when you clicked on the link in the email sent when someone posts in something you have a subscription to, to have the link direct you directly to the page the post was made on. Very helpful for multi page forums.Eliminates one more click.[/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
quote:Originally posted by MDS

Server speed upgrade. More RAM lots More. I am still on dial up and well you could help me and many others out by speeding your end up.

load fast here... once in a great while ill get a lil bit of lag

This page was generated in 0.08 seconds.

·
Registered
124 Posts
If I may be so bold...I would like to make two suggestions for your consideration. 1) Allow a larger space for "active" subjects on the home page. For instance: active or new topics to be viewed for a 24 hour time period. This would allow the user a 24 hour snapshot of what the talk is on the forum. 2) Allow a link from the classifieds to the sellers Gallery. Done: 6/7/05 - CarKnee
Much Thanks.
Rich B.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Friends, Romans, Countrymen, ... lend me your ear:

First of all, please understand that I think this is a great forum and these comments are only intended to improve it!

Perception is often everything. When new members arrive at this forum pumped up and enthusiastic about their new Warrior or the prospects of getting a new Warrior, they have loads of questions. Unfortunately, their very first question is most often met with Do A Search, or Your Post Has Been Moved To The "Appropriate" Section. Most likely, those telling these new members to do a search first before posting mean absolutely no harm, but it does not go a long ways to make new arrivals feel at home or even welcome. (Again, that perception thing).

Anyone that has ever frequented any forum probably knows what a search engine does. The problem with a search engine is it requires at least a limited knowledge of facts and terminology to use it effectively. A first time poster using a search engine for their Transmission Problem will be overwhelmed with almost two thousand posts, most of which do not apply and are so technical that they may mean nothing to them.

MY REQUEST:

I would like to see an area in which people can go and post dumb questions without having to be directed to the FAQs or search engine. Maybe call it "Newbie Questions and Answers" Then the "old shoe" forum members can just avoid that area if they find repetitive questions annoying and those which take pleasure in answering the same 'ol same 'ol questions of the newbies can contribute when they see fit. This would minimize "terminology" problems and go a long way to make new members feel welcome and less intimidated. Everyone wants to have the ability to communicate at their current level with others. Gradually over time newbies gain insight and become more focused in their discussions. They would then move on to more specialized areas of the forum.

Again, this is a great forum and I think if a "Newbie Questions and Answers" category were imposed it would solve several problems at once. Some of the problems are real, some simply perceived!

[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
108 Posts
I agree with both rbusacco and Badger, a link to the gallery and a feature to go to the first unread post. You could also put the info about the last post at the top of the thread.

·
Registered
32 Posts
CarKnee,

Though I don't post alot, I do refer to your site often. Under the classifieds pull down; it would be nice to see bikes that are actully for sale in addition to posting an ad. I have yet to see what bikes are for sale (including my own). I thought it might tag the gallery with a "for sale" sign on the preview or something. Love the site.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
quote:Originally posted by scabwing

CarKnee,
Though I don't post alot, I do refer to your site often. Under the classifieds pull down; it would be nice to see bikes that are actully for sale in addition to posting an ad. I have yet to see what bikes are for sale (including my own). I thought it might tag the gallery with a "for sale" sign on the preview or something. Love the site.

You lost me.
Bikes for sale:http://www.rswarrior.com/Classifieds/Type.aspx?TYPE_ID=4

As for tagging the users gallery if they are selling the bike:
A nice idea, but I think it would not be used enough to warrant the work. If a bike is for sale they can edit their images and include an image that says "for sale" or something similar.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I would like to suggest a new forum or an addition to the dealer forum to list good/bad dealers. at least a post tacked at the top of the dealers forum? one for good dealers and one for bad ones.

maybe this would help some people avoid some problems.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Camel

I would like to suggest a new forum or an addition to the dealer forum to list good/bad dealers. at least a post tacked at the top of the dealers forum? one for good dealers and one for bad ones.

maybe this would help some people avoid some problems.

We have a forum for that already. The Yamaha Dealers Forum. http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/default.asp

Here is the description under Yamaha Dealers:quote:

Yamaha Dealers
Have a run in with some nitwit service manager? Maybe you found the most pleasant and competent sales people around? Share your experiences here.

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
Evenin' Carknee. In the way that 'Site Supporters' get allocated additional webspace for their Gallery pictures, is there any way that the amount of 'Private Messages' that can be stored can also be increased from the standard 20?

I'm sure that there are issues here with hard drive space or something on the server but I just thought that I'd ask incase there is any spare capacity for this. Many thanks.

1 - 20 of 148 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.