RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since there was lots of good interest in the HID kit I mentioned at the prices I did...

This is going to be the new post for questions you all may have about the HID kits...shipping times, brands, etc.
I am sending Peter an email now to let him know of this post. /emoticons/emotion-1.gif
Dave

I wanted to make sure you all didnt think he was a spammer...thus the reason for this post. /emoticons/emotion-1.gif

MOds..if you want to somehow merge the threads ..that is cool too if you dont want 2 posts about it

****copied from previous post****

Due to the recent post about the HID group buy...I did some research. Sounds as though many are not happy with the HID packaging and the lack of response from the vendor. I have been chatting all day long with a vendor, he has kept in constant contact with me and responded 7 times today alone. Very cool guy! he is the owner of the company.

So...on to the good stuff!!
This deal literally BLOWS away the other price that is being offered and I think you will agree!
How does $87.47 SHIPPED sound for a complete Bike HID kit guys??!! His regular price is $150 + shipping. But after talking with him about the deal we were offered he came back with this.
You can get it in the 6000,8000,10000, or 120000k colors/brightnesses. This is for the single filament lo beam only. The others are below

Here is the breakdown.

Half kit(1 bulb 1 ballast) will be only: $81.47 shipped - this
is huge difference to your current offer: $145 !!!

In this price I can get you H4 low beam only.

If you would like to go dual/beam I can get you:

H4-2(1 ballast 1 bulb) which is HID low and Halogen High in price $95
shipped

H4-4(1 ballast 1 bulb) is the most expensive (HID low and HID high)
$139 shipped (comparing to $180)

I am working out all the final details and the code to use if interested. when I get it I will post it up in this first message and you can start ordering. I am not benefiting or affiliated...just trying to help out my fellow Warrior buddies!
hands down this is the best HID deal I have ever seen. That is why I am ordering ..haha. I am a cheap skate!

Dave

·
Registered
477 Posts
Can anyone let us know if it comes with longer wires (then the other brand)so we can move hide the ballast somewhere else besides on the neck of the down tubes area.Thanks you...

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe they are 23 or 26 inches..I had peter measure them but he can confirm this. /emoticons/emotion-1.gif

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Also, pics of the product would be a big help. I would be curious to know if the ballast and ignitor are integrated into one unit or if it were separate units....Is the wiring harness a separate one w/ fuses or does it patch into the existing harness? Warranty period/procedures?

·
Registered
21 Posts
First of all I would like to say HI to everybody, and thank LOHRTBT for invitation. Should you have any questions, I will be more than happy to answer.

I did measure the wires and they are 23 inches long. Are they long enough for you? If not, I can try to get some extensions for your installation needs.

In our sets ignitors and ballast are in one unit. We provide 12 months warranty for bulbs and ballast. If anything goes wrong with it within warranty period, you just need to ship bad part to us, as soon as we have it we will send you replacement.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Oh, and if you would like to see pictures of product, simply go to our store online and look at one kind of our car kit for example:http://www.greatvaluemart.com/product_info.php?cPath=34_46_47_136&products_id=2292

To get you bike set, we will simply divide car set into 2 bike sets.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I hope you all don't mind a question, but...
Why would someone choose the H4-2 (HID low and Halogen High)
instead of the H4-4 (HID low HID high)?

·
Registered
21 Posts
H4-4 (both HIDs) is the most expensive. Also I checked with my supplier and they say that H4-4 bike set will have 1 bulb and 2 ballasts (one for low and one for high) if you decide to take H4-4 you need to plan ahead where to install 2 ballasts.

Price for H4-2 is much better, and you still have both ligths LOW and HIGH(halogen)

·
Registered
109 Posts
quote:Originally posted by greatvaluemart

H4-4 (both HIDs) is the most expensive. Also I checked with my supplier and they say that H4-4 bike set will have 1 bulb and 2 ballasts (one for low and one for high) if you decide to take H4-4 you need to plan ahead where to install 2 ballasts.

Price for H4-2 is much better, and you still have both ligths LOW and HIGH(halogen)

Thank you for answering.
Now I have one other question.
What is it that I need for the Warrior if I want to keep the high beam? Is it the H4-2?
If so, could you explain how this works?

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
quote:Originally posted by greatvaluemart

This is a new one to me. I have never heard of having 2 ballasts for HI/LO HID. Having two ballast would seem to indicate that the HI and LO beams would operatie at two different power input levels.....need pics of the H4-4 kit including parts list pls...
Also, if it indeed uses 2 ballasts for HI & LO HID, how would you get instantaneous light output from an HID in HI beam if the second ballast is activated instantaneously via a flick of the switch?

On my kit, there is only one ballast for both HI/LO HID beams. This is b/c there is a reflective shield which shifts to reflect light at a different angle during HI beam.

·
Registered
109 Posts
quote:Originally posted by mdfdwarrior

This is a new one to me. I have never heard of having 2 ballasts for HI/LO HID. Having two ballast would seem to indicate that the HI and LO beams would operatie at two different power input levels.....need pics of the H4-4 kit including parts list pls...
Also, if it indeed uses 2 ballasts for HI & LO HID, how would you get instantaneous light output from an HID in HI beam if the second ballast is activated instantaneously via a flick of the switch?

On my kit, there is only one ballast for both HI/LO HID beams. This is b/c there is a reflective shield which shifts to reflect light at a different angle during HI beam.

Thanks Thom. You bring up some really good points! I am so confused. [/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
Low Beam, High Beam and Long enough wires to hide the hideous black box. That is all I require to purchase this product. I am not looking to add more bulk on the outside of my Warrior.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
it looks like the same kit as the other one. 23" is pretty close to the other kit as well when you add the length of the wires from the bulb as well as that from the output of the ballast/ignitor together. The only thing is, where are you going to hide 2 ballast??

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My understanding was that the wire was 23 inches long. but I am sure that Peter can verify for us. I am gonna run the HID low and Halogen High. The halogen High will shoot a beam out further than the HID low. Just like stock does. I am going with the H4-2 HID low Halogen High.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
quote:Originally posted by LOHRTBT

My understanding was that the wire was 23 inches long. but I am sure that Peter can verify for us. I am gonna run the HID low and Halogen High. The halogen High will shoot a beam out further than the HID low. Just like stock does. I am going with the H4-2 HID low Halogen High.

How does this work in a single bulb? Is it a filament inserted in a xenon gas filled bulb? If the filament breaks and disables the halogen is there any effect on the HID? If the expected life expectancy of the halogen high beam is the same as that of regular filaments (considering the vibrations of the motorcycle), you might be better off just paying extra and going HID HI/LO.....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Here I am again, so many questions - this is great.

1. Wires between bulb and ballast is about 23 inches, if this is not long enough for you I can try to get extension wire from my supplier, but I am not sure if they will be able to do this for me.
2. H4-4 - I asked guys from where I take these sets and they say that H4-4 (bike set) comes with 1 bulb and 2 ballasts, I haven't seen this set so far, we don't have it in stock because it is pretty expensive. I know that they have also H4-3Telescopic bulb ( I will find out how this set work, maybe this is the one with "reflective shield" which mdfdwarrior mentioned)
3. H4-2: If halogen part of bulb brakes, it doesn't affect HID part of bulb because they are separate, here is how this bulb looks like:http://www.greatvaluemart.com/images/H42.jpg

Waiting for next questions, as far as I know something about HID H4-3Telescopic I will post some info, maybe this option will be better for you, because I understand that hiding 2 ballast maybe pretty difficult /emoticons/emotion-5.gif

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well this is what they say. There are 4 different types of H4 bulb, so I guess there may be 4 different types of setup. I just want to help you find the one which is the best for you and your bikes /emoticons/emotion-1.gif

1 - 20 of 74 Posts