RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its about 35 here in Bloomfield. It is sunny so it feels more like 40, I rode about 5 miles and that was enough for today.

Insert Image:

66.63KB

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Welcome!I rode to church today and it was beautiful out!Two days ago it was 14 and today it's supposed to be 67!

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
I understand! Living in Texas is a blessing! Rode about 400 miles this weekend, mostly 60-70 degree weather but cloudy. But I have ridden to work in the 30's several times in the last month. Even though its only 32 miles one way, that is cold!!!!

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
As Spring comes on you still have to watch for those spots on the highways shaded from trees and hills - those spots come at you out of nowhere. CrazyBus, welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
CrazyBus007,

Welcome to the forums! I rode today too...Only off-road...My brother and I went out to practice for the upcoming off-road racing season. It would have been a nice day to go out on the Warrior though...Sunny and in the mid-50's...Saw a lot of bikes out on the road on the way back home...

Oh well...It's supposed to be nice all week so at least I'll get some riding in on the street.[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif][^]

Mark aka Mad Man

·
Registered
225 Posts
Breaker to my battery tender was tripped I just lesrned about 30 min ago! I was all suited up and ready to go when clickkkkkkkkk.....
We'll see how long it takes to get her charged.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
quote:Originally posted by MadMan

CrazyBus007,

Welcome to the forums! I rode today too...Only off-road...My brother and I went out to practice for the upcoming off-road racing season. It would have been a nice day to go out on the Warrior though...Sunny and in the mid-50's...Saw a lot of bikes out on the road on the way back home...

Oh well...It's supposed to be nice all week so at least I'll get some riding in on the street.[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif][^]

Mark aka Mad Man

Mark, what events do you race? Hare and Hound, GNCC, others? Is your local venue setup around a motorcross layout at the start and finish? Fill us in on your racing!

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
quote:Originally posted by daveinoregon

Mark, what events do you race? Hare and Hound, GNCC, others? Is your local venue setup around a motorcross layout at the start and finish? Fill us in on your racing!

Dave,

My brother and I race in the Virginia Championship Hare Scramble Series...As the name implies the race is "hare scramble" racing. The series is a 15 round event with races held all over the state of Virginia. We use to hold a race in Maryland at the famous Budds Creek Motocross Park. But the promoter finally decided it was just to much trouble setting up a race there. I always loved racing there...Especially since I started racing motocross and only after a serious injury to my lower back. I had to switch over to something a little less risky...Yeah right![/emoticons/emotion-5.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

As for the start...There are different classes...Each class is lined up in the start area with the fastest classes at the front. There is usually a 1 to 2 minute start time in-between each class. All the races are dead engine starts...Which means you have to start your bike at the drop of the flag and take off...Then it's basically try to get through the course in the fastest time. The courses are usually set up by the club that is putting on the race. My brother and I are members of the Tidewater Dirt Riders Assoc., we put two races a year for the series. And I must say that our racings are the most liked in the series...Because we try to set up a course that is both challenging and fast.

Most of the courses are 7 to 8 mile loops with a couple of 9 and 10 mile loops. The terrain ranges from hilly mountain races to bottom land races to wet, muddy swamp races. There's just about every type of terrain you can think of and even some surprises. We even have a few races where we run on a motocross course...Our newest race which is run a motocross track is at the Virginia Motorsports Park, which is also a drag strip where the NHRA holds one of its national drag race events. This race replaced the Budds Creek race...

Probably my favorite race is the Peninsula 100...It's my hometown race since it's right down the road from where I live...Well...Actually it's a little farther but it's still considered our hometown race. And the dealership that sponsors my brother and I also sponsor the race and everyone who works there shows up to support us and cheer us on.

That's about it...

Mark aka Mad Man

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Mark, I congratulate you on your racing and dedication to the sport. I edited and produced shows on Fox Sports Net for many years that covered GNCC, Hare and Hound and others, and although I haven't raced, I have a deep appreciation for those that do. Maybe we'll catch up in PM sometime and trade a few words because I'd like to hear what you're up to.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I went out for awhile myself. Just could not resist when I saw the sun this morning. It was about 40 degrees here in Jersey today but felt like 60 with the way my heart was raceing when I hit the throtle.
In my younger days, my bike was the only means of getting to work. When you have to wear a snow suit and hide behind a truck, 40deg isnt all that bad to ride!!!

Insert Image:

48.41KB

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
quote:Originally posted by daveinoregon

Mark, I congratulate you on your racing and dedication to the sport. I edited and produced shows on Fox Sports Net for many years that covered GNCC, Hare and Hound and others, and although I haven't raced, I have a deep appreciation for those that do. Maybe we'll catch up in PM sometime and trade a few words because I'd like to hear what you're up to.

Dave,

Sure thing...Drop me a line anytime...As of now, my brother and I are preparing for the upcoming season. We'll be on YAMAHA's this year...Decided to make the switch from Honda, after 7 years racing them. Actually started racing on a YAMAHA...And it's good to be back on one again![^]

My brother will be racing in the fast class this year. His results last year earned him a top 5 position in the largest and toughest class in the series. Might not have been the fastest class, but it is definitely the largest and toughest class. He beat a lot of younger guys, and he was racing a CR500. Although he's glad he'll be on a 250 this year and judging from his riding when we practice. He definitely is faster on the 250...And some of the guys that he will be racing with have all noticed the improvement. So he's already got a mental edge over them...[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif][/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

As for me I think I'll move up to the class he was racing in and see what I can do. Even though most of the riders in that class are a lot younger than me. I think my experience will give me an advantage over them. Because I was once told that to win a race, you first have to finish the race. Those younger riders are willing to take unnecessary risks which usually result in them hitting the ground.[B)] So maybe that will work to my advantage...

Anyway talk at you later...I gotta get ready for work...

Mark aka Mad Man

·
Registered
456 Posts
70's here. Rode most the weekend, even in the rain Sunday. /emoticons/emotion-1.gif (Man my bike is dirty though!) Joys of living in the south.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts