RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
The rake is the angle of the neck ‘red line’ compared to the blue line which is vertical. Lets just say this is 45 degrees.
The trail in the amount of inches between the blue vertical line and the red line at the bottom in inches. Lets just pretend this is 10 inches.
You could conceivably get a negative trail which would flip the wheel around on you like a shopping cart, not a good idea, haha. You should be able to look up what each bike will give you. This Fury probably has much more trail than the Warrior, that is why the Warrior is so quick in the turns. In the old days we used to just add extensions to the ft tubes which also lifted the bike, This was not good because the bike would also try to set level and flip the ft end on you. For a quick response you want a small trail but not to small or negative. Some guys here have actually shortened the ft end making the Warrior very quick or light but be careful! Hope this helps and that I didn’t get some of the wording wrong.;)

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
As you can see here the Warrior has a lot less rake and trail than the Breakout. It almost looks like it hit a brick wall, something I was never very fond of.(But after looking at the OP, am I preaching to the chior? lol)

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts