RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for recomendations for best grips to minimize the tingling/numbness.
The only grip that seems to be recomended on this forum is the Kuryakyn 6235 ? But when I go to Kury web site, they dont even list a grip specificaly for the warrior ?
In my searching this site for info on grips I did see much discusion on the bar end weights/filling the ends of the bars, and am planning on doing this as well.
but I know my grips are shot, so will be replacing them anyway.
Any recomendations will be appreciated.
thanks

·
Registered
436 Posts
I have Avon grips, and am very happy with them. I ended up getting them for a Harley and modding my throttle housing to make it work, but they make them for metrics. Wish I had noticed that before I went through the hassle. You can find many different styles for very good prices on Ebay.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
I second the iso grips. for what you describe they will be perfect their larger then stock which helps with your grip lets the hands be in a better position.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
The part no listed fits a number of metrics cruisers including the warrior.
+1...As coincidense would have it, Silverdeere & I talked to a Avon sales rep at J&P's open house yesterday, and they use a multi-position throttle cable cam (2 different ones are included with the grips) that are splined into the grips. The position is based on model of bike. The cam then gets glued in place. I was also informed that Avon warranties the the rubber grip pads for life, if you manage to wear them out. The quality is much better than the Kurys as well. They will be my next set of grips for sure. I've ridden plenty of bikes with the Iso Grips, and IMHO, think they are a joke. I'm not a fan of Kury products at all.

·
Registered
211 Posts
just purchased a set of avons,they even come with the glue for the cams. So far the best grips I have had as far as comfort would highly recommend them.

·
Premium Member
1,609 Posts
Try powerpartsplus.com " search under OEM Yamaha accessories, roadstar warrior handlebars and controls" Have some Avon grips for yammis for 47 plus ship. 4 styles.

·
Registered
13,094 Posts
Not being a hater ;) I checked into those Avon grips, and I'm intrigued. But when I went to Amazon to check the ratings (there were only 2) one guy thought they were pretty good -although not really "air" cushioned as advertised, but one guy thought they sucked, because after 1000 miles he said the rubber had worn smooth spots (they have a rough grip for traction originally) and now they looked like butt. Anybody have any experience with these? I do love my ISOs -I guess I have better experience with them than Yamaweezle, but if there's something better out there I'll give it a serious look. One other thing ---I always wear weight lifting knuckleless gloves when I ride. The extra padding in the palm makes all the difference in vibration and how you hold the handlebar grip. You don't hold it deep into your hand, but rather more of a hand resting on the bar with just your fingers wrapped around it. make sense? anyway -anybody else have problems with the Avons? Are they air cushioned or not?

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
But when I went to Amazon to check the ratings (there were only 2) one guy thought they were pretty good -although not really "air" cushioned as advertised, but one guy thought they sucked, because after 1000 miles he said the rubber had worn smooth spots (they have a rough grip for traction originally) and now they looked like butt.
Obviously the second guy didn't call Avon, because they would've sent him a new set of rubber inserts "free". I was told by the rep that the rubber inserts are warranteed for life, if you can wear them out. Kury doesn't offer that. There was only one set of grips that were air cushioned, and it was the style that had the three rubber inserts that closely resembled the Iso's.

These are the style I'm going to get.

They also carry matching rider, foot brake, and shifter pegs as well.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Try powerpartsplus.com " search under OEM Yamaha accessories, roadstar warrior handlebars and controls" Have some Avon grips for yammis for 47 plus ship. 4 styles.
Thanks for the link, just ordered a set. Says they are back ordered, hopefully not to long.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Thanx for the info on the Avon grips guys, I think it's time to replace the Kury Iso Flame grips on the Warrior...and maybe for the MT as well!

·
Registered
436 Posts
I have more than 5000mi on my Avon Contour grips with little signs of wear. They are very comfortable and offer a great feel/connection to the bike.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Iso's were way too big for my hand, I just installed a set of RSD grips with the renthal rubber........holy cow the best grips I have ever used in my 20 years of riding. I love them! But just my opinion and I don't have large hands.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I think I'll stick with the ISOs. I haven't had any reason to change (they were on the bike when I bought them) and they've held up for almost 2 years now and still look brand new.
Absolutely the very best. Comes with both diamond cut rubber and a high grade foam set of grips. No cheap fake chrome plastic end caps. One piece solid billet from end to end. Metric available. I had these on my Warrior and they were comfortable and zero vibration. Very stylin too. I bought the black Raptor. Custom Motorcycle Parts Store: Grips & Pegs, Grips XO

1 - 20 of 32 Posts