RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was laying on the ground running wires to install my horn and seen these numbers scribed on each of my cylinders. Does anyone know what their for?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
they look to be cylinder specific. 61A16, 61A26. maybe someone can see if they have similar #'s on a "recall" bike. i'll check mine in a few days.

·
Premium Member
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
These markings are on the bottom of the heads on the left side if anyone is curious to check their bike. Their engraved as if a dremmel was used.

Maybe an easier way to narrow this down is if anyone has or doesn't have markings like this to reply and give the year and if you had work done on the engine.
Thanks..

·
Premium Member
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Administrator
27,731 Posts
You have a 2008 model which was not subject to the transmission recall, so if your beast's jugs are similarly marked then its a factory thing. Thanks to newer members with fresh eyes, even after more than a decade we're still noticing things about our Warriors, gotta love this joint!

[added] its actually scribed on the bottom of the bottom fin on the cylinder heads.

You realize you'll have everyone looking for these markings now...lol. I have similar markings also.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
You realize you'll have everyone looking for these markings now...lol. I have similar markings also.
I don't like you, you caused me to crawl under my bike in the dark and check.
I have owned my girl for 10 years and am quit particular but never picked this up. So now, scratched knee, sore head because I bumped it on my handle bar, cracked screen on my phone because i dropped her after hitting my handle bar, I can confirm, I have these markings to (and others).
Mine is SC13..... might have some numbers in front but cannot see them because of the cracked screen :(

Smile

Dutch :cool:

·
Registered
867 Posts
You have a 2008 model which was not subject to the transmission recall, so if your beast's jugs are similarly marked then its a factory thing. Thanks to newer members with fresh eyes, even after more than a decade we're still noticing things about our Warriors, gotta love this joint!
Yes it's an 08, no transmission recall and the markings are on the left side.

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts
2005, no tranny recall

Front head - 5X424
Rear head - 5X419

I know all parts on my bike are 5PX...things that make you go.......hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Do they try to match anything between the heads during assembly?

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
2005, no tranny recall

Front head - 5X424
Rear head - 5X419

I know all parts on my bike are 5PX...things that make you go.......hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Do they try to match anything between the heads during assembly?
scawein man...put that dremel away ...it's not even 1st april....:D

5PX makes sense the first set of markings not at all ??...anyways sorry for the bump and cracked screen there dutch ...still thinking you can levitate huh [no really that's just bad]

ok tins party tomorrow, so i'll be getting my helpers to look for that also now

i'll call it hunt the new numbers on the engine...prize will be getting to [or not getting] to talk to gav on the phone directing operations from scotland!!

**** [oops ****-ation ] this place is still rocking ....rj1 nice find

·
Administrator
27,731 Posts
My 2003 had the tranny recall done, the cylinder head's bottom fin appears to be scribed 57P8 front, and 57P2 rear. Just 4 characters on mine. The rear could be 67P2 can't see clearly with the three bikes packed in the garage so closely together for winter.

The cylinder head part numbers are:
5PX−11101−00 CYLINDER HEAD ASSY1 (rear)
5PX−11101−10 CYLINDER HEAD ASSY 2 (front)
Seemingly no help there.

This is an interesting question . . . it has my attention!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts