RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
4600 miles later, and my OEM tires are ready to be replaced. Now I need to figure out what to buy next. I ran the Bridgestone BT010's on my sportbike and loved them. I got good mileage out of them, and they were good and sticky when heated up. Now that I'm on the Warrior, I don't need a super sticky tire, but I don't need a tire that lasts 20K miles either.

So what's everyone else running? And is Discount Motorcycle Tire still a good place to find cheap tires?

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Avon Azaro ST45,46. Ride better than the OEM Dunlop did. Also, supposed to get about 7500 miles out of them. I've got 2300 on mine and it still looks almost new. Dunlop already had a lot of wear at that point. I got mine at Americanmototire.com for less than $150 delivered for the rear. They are not as sticky as the OEMs but I don't ride a lot of hard twisties either so no big problem.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm, I'd think I want something that is as sticky as the Dunlop. I'm sure it would take care of that burnout addiction I have. [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
I run the Dridgestone BT020's and like them, but probably going to go with the new Bridgestone EXEDRA G850 For Muscle-Cruisers, that REDHORSE reviewed. check it out here.http://rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=23414&SearchTerms=new,tire,bridgestone I Also heard that Les Schwabb is going to start carrying motorcylcle tires. That the are now traing staff and getting the equipment and stock to do this, and that they will be stocking the new solid foam style tires for bikes to. Something to check out for sure. But do a search, there are many many tire threads out there that you can read all day about it.

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
<< but I don't need a tire that lasts 20K miles either.>>
Boy, are you in luck! I don't think anybody has had problems getting 20k. 2k maybe.

BTW Dmta is **** UP since December.

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
Silent1, Based on the info in Redhorse's post I've ordered the G850's

Metrick, What size are you running in the front? I was thinking of a 130, but it looks like it might be a tight fit as a 70 profile.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think I'm gonna order them as well. I was tempted to grab the Metz 210, but maybe this tire is better. I read a few people going with the 130, but what's the difference in handling between that and the 120?

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
I don't think anybody has tried the Exedra 130 yet.
The Venom-R 130/70 fits tight, handles GOOD.
The 880 130/70 fits tight, handles "quirky"
The Maxxis 130/70 rubs the fender (can't remember who tried it)

·
Premium Member
13,679 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Dice

...they will be stocking the new solid foam style tires for bikes to...

??? Never heard of them. Can you give me more info?

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
I'm with Allsmiles, I'm running the Avon Azaros 45 46 have got about 15,000k out of them at the moment and they are still looking good. I'm not easy on them either. the Dunlops lasted about 7,500k. So I'm sticking with the Avons.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
quote:Originally posted by OldMan

quote:Originally posted by Dice

...they will be stocking the new solid foam style tires for bikes to...

??? Never heard of them. Can you give me more info?

Oldman, all I know is that they've been using a solid foam tire for bicylces for some years, and recently been adapting the technology for motorcycles. Spossed to have the same properties and feel as a inflated tire, but with no flats.

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
quote:Originally posted by silent1

Update: tires are on. They feel good so far. The bike likes to lean again. I'll update this again when I can really get some good riding in.

Silent1, Mine still haven't come in. It seems that they have gone from Boise to Salt Lake City, to Boise, to Salt Lake City, to Henderson Co, and Thursday night Stopped in Nashville. I'm gettins PIZZED.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts