RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah, know what ya meen. I'm 6' and the stock bars make me feel like a bat flying from ****. I searched all the handlebar threads, and have even thought of having my bars bent back. but have decided to wait for the warrior bend bars from yamaha to come out and live with the spread eagle sensations. hopefully they will come out before i take a road trip to Ca.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
I'm 6-1 and a just a little bit heavier than you, and I really like the Radius bar on my bike. It doesn't block any of the gauges for me & my bros.

My Brothers 6-2 (190 lbs) & 6-3 (245 lbs), both like the Radius bars also

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey Crus!! I am bewildered also. I have been looking for a while and am confused as to what to get. I see a lot of people installing the Barons Radius Bars. Thankfully, Darkstar has shared with us some detailed installation instructions. I think with those, the need to throw wrenches at the wall in frustration will be greatly diminished. If you are going to install the wires on the outside of the bars, you may as well get the double tee fat bars (I think that it was they are called) and I believe they are a Yamaha product. The only ones I haven't looked at yet are the Carlini's. I heard that there finish is the best, with no noticible welds. But, I heard they are $$$$$. Let me know if you find anything different.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does anybody have the Yamaha bent bar already, and, if so, do you have an opinion about them? BTW I am only 5'5" and looking for a pretty big pull-back from the standard handlebar.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have the TT fat bars, with the electrical connections run on the inside. I like them and they look good.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I have the Bomber drag-bars, with the higher rise. If you don't like the stockers with how they pull you forward, you will not like these at all. Pict of them on the bike in the gallery.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I'd go for the Radius ones myself. You may want to run the wires through the bars in the future, and with the Yamer double T bars you'ld have an even tougher job on your hands (not drilled for internal wireing), while the Radius ones are already drilled.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I'm leaning to the Radius myself(only small pun intended).
These will let you keep stock wiring. Check out RedHorse's website for some great info and pictures on installation.
Tom H.

·
Registered
117 Posts
quote:Originally posted by warriorette

Does anybody have the Yamaha bent bar already, and, if so, do you have an opinion about them? BTW I am only 5'5" and looking for a pretty big pull-back from the standard handlebar.

If you're referring to the warrior bend bars then I don't believe anyone has them yet because they haven't been released from Yamaha yet and as of yesterday there wasn't a release date set. I'm going to go ahead and order a set anyway and wait for them to show up. I'm going to sacrifice looks on this one and go for function. I want more pullback and I want my hands closer together. Otherwise I would go with the Rad bars for the internal wiring. FWIW

·
Registered
105 Posts
i went with pro-1 risers from roadstar and flanders 35 degree drag bars. doesn't block tach or speedo. and i was able to use stock controls, no lengthening needed. i did need to do some drilling under the top clamp to get the mounting bolts through. if anyone wants to look at them, send me your email. i haven't had time to post pics on the forum yet. anything is better than those stockers.

·
Registered
54 Posts
crussteel,

I should have added that you may want to get the TT bars if there was a big price difference. JF is absolutely correct, if you ever wanted to run the wires in the future, the Radius bars would be the ones to get. I have only priced the Radius bars and they were about $135. I have no idea what the TT bars go for. Sorry for the confusion.

Ray.........

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Eric is a warrior rider, a rswarrior member and works for Riva Yamaha in Florida (I think Riva South). He gives fellow rswarrior members discounts and is great to do business with. I've ordered twice from him and will be ordering more from him. His e'mail is "[email protected]". Let's hear some more Eric testimonials.

Larry

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
There are two riva yamaha's in S. Florida. One's in pompano beach, a little north of Fort Lauderdale on the east coast.
Eric is with the Key Largo store down in the Florida keys. Based on a quote for radius bars,my impression is that he really does give us a good deal. If you're ever down here, the drive to/through the keys is a must do.
Tom H.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the Double T Fat Bars from Yamaha and, after getting used to the new riding position, really like them. First of all, they simply look killer. My Harley-riding buddy stopped by after I installed them and asked where he could get them for his bike...I replied "You can't."
Second, they do indeed get you into a more upright posture with your hands closer together. To me, it offers more variety in where you can comfortably plant your butt on longer rides.
The down side - There is no comparison in the handling department. The stock bars are simply superior. As an example, with the stockers I was amazed every time I came to an intersection at how easy it was to come to a perfectly straight halt...it was as though the bike was on rails. And, in all honsety, I quickly got used to that. After installing the new bars I clearly get more of the typical steering wobble as you are about to stop. For most riding I prefer the new bars, but for rippin' the guts out of a twisty road...keep the stock bars - I did.
So, that is my experience with the Double T Fat Bars. Sometimes the laws of physics are contrary to killer style.

·
Registered
117 Posts
quote:Originally posted by carlosecarlos

Does anyone know if the Carlini prewired 1.25 inch bars fit the warrior?

I believe the Warrior has 4" centers, not 3.5", so those bars won't fit.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts