Discussion Starter #1
What cleaner do you guys use to clean the engine? What’s
good to get the scale off the engine?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
S100 Total Cycle Cleaner when really dirty & S100 Engine Brightener
Just read a bunch of 4 and 5 star reviews for the S100 products and ordered both the cleaner and brightener. Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Caddie,

I am in agreement with alanh and his recommending S100. You did good by ordering the cleaner and brightener.
Don't know what they put in it to make it work like it does but it is top tier!
Rg

·
Registered
356 Posts
I also use the s100 combo. It gets my bike clean enough to just spray on and rinse off. Lets me spend less time cleaning and more time on the bike. I'm sure there are better specialized products if you're looking for detailing or showroom clean, but for an overall clean s100 gets my vote

·
Registered
283 Posts
S100 here! I have the engine brightener too but have not applied it yet. I'm sporadically sanding the fins in between projects and plan on using the brightener when I have it all back together and detailed.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
S100 here! I have the engine brightener too but have not applied it yet. I'm sporadically sanding the fins in between projects and plan on using the brightener when I have it all back together and detailed.
The cleaner and brightener will be delivered on Saturday, and if the weather holds up I'll be cleaning up the bike. And hopefully watching the engine scale melt away.

·
Registered
283 Posts
The cleaner and brightener will be delivered on Saturday, and if the weather holds up I'll be cleaning up the bike. And hopefully watching the engine scale melt away.
If you wind up have a tough time getting the scale off from in between the fins, pick up a pack of cheap black foam paint brushes. It's really helpful with the S100 when you're initially getting it clean, after that it's pretty much a spray and rinse. Also, make sure you follow the directions on the bottle from the manufacturer!

·
Registered
966 Posts
If you wind up have a tough time getting the scale off from in between the fins, pick up a pack of cheap black foam paint brushes. It's really helpful with the S100 when you're initially getting it clean, after that it's pretty much a spray and rinse.
That's a great idea

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you wind up have a tough time getting the scale off from in between the fins, pick up a pack of cheap black foam paint brushes. It's really helpful with the S100 when you're initially getting it clean, after that it's pretty much a spray and rinse. Also, make sure you follow the directions on the bottle from the manufacturer!
They're cheap enough that I'll pick some up just in case. Thanks for the tips.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Dirty engine, wow! Did you get it that way or did you just let it build up? I wash my bike whenever it gets dirty. I use a wash/wax automotive wax. Right now it's Turtle Wax's Ice product. This is a 2006 model!

·
Administrator
28,418 Posts
Your bike looks good. I had a couple rides that got a bit gnarly and it was freezing by the time I got home. I have not kept it as clean as usual. Its why I'm trying something I gather is better than what I used last spring. Then synwax as usual and it should be good to scoot for summer. Its going to hopefully be a full season.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts