RS Warrior Forum banner

6521 - 6540 of 6568 Posts

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
That sound fantastic above idle when on the throttle. Idle sounds okay, its often not as nasty-sounding, but wondering if your warm idle is set at 850~950 rpm?
Not when I shot this video. I had been messing with my PCV and forgot to turn it back up. I have done the LCV delete, so I usually have faster idle for the first 30 seconds, then it settles to right around 950.
Im actually surprised it started without me giving it throttle.

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
If you deleted the LCV it will not change idle rpm itself (but it might smooth a hint sometimes). Maybe you did the AIS delete?

In any event, with spec idle I have to believe the pipes sound nasty at idle too!

Plus they really do have a hot rod appearance that is hard to argue with, they scream 'go fast or go home' !
I have done both. From what I read, after doing the LCV delete, the bike is hard to start when cold and you have to manually give it throttle until it warms or it will have a hard time staying running. The PCV allows me to add fuel for a set amount of time when first starting. I had forgotten to do that, which is why I'm surprised it even started.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
240 Posts
Painted few small parts. Bolted everything back together, filled up tank with gas and noticed that my dry break started leaking.. It didn’t leak before though. Thought the leak comes from one of the hoses, added even 2 clamps and removed the oem older clamp, but that didn’t help unfortunately. I left it sitting like that and just put few towels wrapping them around it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Shoot! The weird thing is that it didn't leak before I disassembled the bike for painting parts. And I believe Yamaha did recall on that. I called about an year ago checking with dealer if any recall was due then. But they replied that all recalls were completed on the bike.

How can I tell whether this is a 02 or 03 and up year drybreak, any particular difference? I guess I am down hunting for a new dry break now.

Also I am not sure why, but I would expect it to be leaking from the front (left part of dry break if you look at the picture). Cause the gas comes from the tank and goes to that hose. That's how I understand that but can be wrong. If you look at the picture the leak comes out of the rear part of dry break.

I was about to start the bike tomorrow after it's been sitting for about a year now.. I guess that will have to wait a bit.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Painted few small parts. Bolted everything back together, filled up tank with gas and noticed that my dry break started leaking.. It didn’t leak before though. Thought the leak comes from one of the hoses, added 2 clamps but that didn’t help.

Might as well do a left side clean up. I went with Vibrant Performance parts on mine. Turned out great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
240 Posts
I heard the left side cleanup has some issues after installation. I didn't dig much of the details on what really happens or may be cannot recall what the problem was. But this is what stops me from doing that.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I heard the left side cleanup has some issues after installation. I didn't dig much of the details on what really happens or may be cannot recall what the problem was. But this is what stops me from doing that.

I hadn’t heard of anything. Also I’ve had mine for over a riding season with no problems. Been great.

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Bryan's tutorial is great and I, too, used the parts he listed. Zero issues.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
573 Posts
Thank you Bro!:)

No problem. Hope it helps you. I actually ended up messaging him on Facebook with couple questions. He is a great guy. Also the install time took me the better part of an hour. Hardest part is getting the new hose onto the nipple on the tank. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
8,367 Posts
Alex …. there has never been a factory recall for the '2002' dry break but the part number was changed in 2003 & up for an improved design.
On the back side of both fittings there is a molded strong back to prevent the fitting from splitting.
Since it's the male fitting that's leaking you can unplug the dry break and the leak will stop.

6521 - 6540 of 6568 Posts