RS Warrior Forum banner

6541 - 6560 of 6568 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Bryan's tutorial is great and I, too, used the parts he listed. Zero issues.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Cool! Sounds like all I need is to get a parts and do the work. Awesome! I just can't wait for any longer starting the bike and riding it again. Or I'd rather ask first if any of the forum members has extra dry break that I could purchase.

When I unbolted the hose from the tank before bringing it for a paint, I wrapped both dry break pieces with lots of plastic wrap which I thought would prevent from dust or other dirt getting inside before I got my tank back. Since these two pieces were sealed all this time and they started leaking only now, I am assuming that there might have been something that I could possibly fix by either cleaning or blowing with air. However, I do see now when I click them both together, there is a small tiny gap in between. Do you think it can be fixed by cleaning it gently?

·
Premium Member
8,367 Posts
If you look carefully you'll see the molded linear reinforcement (Strong Back) on the back side of the dry break fitting.
Both Male & Female fittings were changed to prevent failure in 2003.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Big Thank you Warrior Fam once again!!

I just went down to check how much of gas leaked in an hour and it looked as the papertowel I left got soaked with decent amount of gas.

So, following the proper advice I unclipped them to prevent the worst.. Knocking the wood

·
Registered
184 Posts
I just finished my left side clean up last week and it wasn't bad at all. The only tough part was trying to get the AN fittings together with out scratching the finish and fitting the new SS line onto the res tank. If you're planning on doing it, I taped the grooved clamping part of my vice with Gorilla Tape then used an appropriate size wrench without teeth taped with electrical tape so there were 2 soft surfaces and gently turned until snug. I was really surprised at how easily they scratch!
As far as your current dry break issue. I wound up having a pretty bad leak when I did a test drive after having the tank off, everything seemed to be fitted properly etc... but when I pulled into the garage gas was running all over the place on a hot bike. Someone recommended a touch of WD40 to grease up the seals a bit in the dry break. I did that and have not had a problem since and I've had the tank off and on a bunch in the last couple of months.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
its feb 2nd and by some miracle its 67 degrees and sunny. took the bike to the gym and in a few minutes will take shakes out to eat. good to get some warm winter miles in. its filthy..even by my standards.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Polished up the chrome and got to ride about 60 miles. Finally decent weather here! Also anyone know of any way to polish chrome better? My method didn’t work to well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
Just got the shed this past summer, it was inside but on the dirt, a lot of moisture seep under the cover everything is starting to pit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Better keep a good coat of wax on everything to help keep it from pitting.:)

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
rode to work. was supposed to be high 60s when I got off so I fought the cold morning. got out of working expecting warm but found more cold. still a fun ride.

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Took it out for a spin today to try out the new Graffeo exhaust and a map I'm trying. Map seems pretty close. Bike was ready to roll. Had one quick blast to 120 and had to back off. Next curve was coming up quick.

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
Took it out for a spin today to try out the new Graffeo exhaust and a map I'm trying. Map seems pretty close. Bike was ready to roll. Had one quick blast to 120 and had to back off. Next curve was coming up quick.

I'll bet it would sound awesome riding through a tunnel or an underground parking structure.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Just polished up some more parts.
Removed cast lines and polished foot peg mounts and almost every accessible stainless steel bolt to a chrome like finish while attached to my drill..
Ill be getting to more bolts tomorrow.

Rudy Jeremias

6541 - 6560 of 6568 Posts