RS Warrior Forum banner

6621 - 6640 of 6749 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
I love my Storms. They handled The Dragon and the surrounding roads surprisingly well.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I’m going to do a good comparison to the Metzler ME888. Every road in my area is pretty much the same as the dragon. So I’ll be able to tell if they’re any good on the twists. My buddies and I go ride “The Triple Nickel” at least twice a month to keep our chicken strips down. Helps we live like 10 minutes from it haha. I’m excited to try them. Also going to do a comparison of them in the rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
108 Posts
Being at home teleworking gives me lots of time to look at my bike and think about things I want to change. Today I painted my headlight bucket and tach housing.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Looks good...
If u paint the headlight ring now that would look waayayyyyyy better
I was on the fence about that because I don’t think I’m going for the full blackout look. I think I’m going to start adding some flat medium/dark grey accents to it. I’ll think about it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I was on the fence about that because I don’t think I’m going for the full blackout look. I think I’m going to start adding some flat medium/dark grey accents to it. I’ll think about it.
I left my headlight ring chrome too. I like the accent better. Just my .02

·
Registered
6,534 Posts
Better be looking for a newer version of the Drybreak...

Post a in the Parts Wanted section

Members take them off for aftermarket versions...

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
334 Posts
I’m going to do a good comparison to the Metzler ME888. Every road in my area is pretty much the same as the dragon. So I’ll be able to tell if they’re any good on the twists. My buddies and I go ride “The Triple Nickel” at least twice a month to keep our chicken strips down. Helps we live like 10 minutes from it haha. I’m excited to try them. Also going to do a comparison of them in the rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I did the storms front and rear last summer and put maybe 200 miles on them , and angled valve stems A+ for those babies! Can’t really say much yet about the tires tho since I generally ride between rainstorms

·
Registered
147 Posts
Shorty Kickstand and Custom LED Relay
Here in Northern NY where we hardly have any Covid-19 and are suffering under the statewide edicts of Prince Andrew of the Hudson, this Warrior owning patriot has taken on a few pesky little projects that were gathering dust in the procrastination pile.

I had lowered my bike with adjustable links in the rear and lowering the forks in the front. After two seasons of fearing that my bike would tip over when parked, I finally picked up a Barron Shorty kickstand from Ebay. It does NOT fit the Warrior precisely. In fact, it is a pain in a** to install properly. The main problem is that the bolt holes in the Barron stand are much smaller diameter than the stock stand. I solved this problem by having a nearby machine shop bore it out and tap new threads in the top hole. The second issue was the attachment point for the tension spring. Compared to stock, the Barron's is both a slightly different distance and not the same orientation. The spring itself is one beefy little sucker and cannot be bent or shaped to correct this problem. My fix was to get some small steel figure-eight hooks from Lowes and use them as a small extension, hooking one end to the tension spring and the other end to the attachment post on the shorty stand. The figure eights could be bent to orient the two ends appropriately. The only flaw in this installation was that the tension spring lost its tension before it had pulled the kick stand tightly against the bike frame in the "up" position. That was actually a blessing in disguise because in the fully "up" position, it is even more difficult to deploy with your booted foot than the stock stand is. This setup leaves it extending out a little more in the "up" position so that I can easily get my foot on it. If I find that it jiggles around in this position, I figure I can mount a magnet on the frame closer to the attachment bolt that will hold it in place at the proper angle.

My second project was installing the Custom LED ELFR-1 relay to stop the overly fast blink rate of my turn signals in my all LED light and signal system. This job was made quite simple after viewing GDWarrior's Youtube video and a few internet articles on the subject. The only issue I had was removing the stock Denso relay from its bracket in the battery box. The stock relay is clipped into place on a rubberized bracket that fastens two relays (headlight and turn signal) side by side underneath the starter relay. Its tight quarters in there, but I found that you can rotate the top of the Denso relay about 45 degrees towards you to get clearance to pull it out. Its held in place with rubber so the rotation doesn't hurt anything. Once rotated clear, just give it a good tug and its clip will pull right off of the rubber bracket. It's nice to finally have my signals flash at a normal rate.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
did a little maintenance on my custom side cover "lumpy". need to wash it pretty bad but didn't. its about riding time here so the one deep clean it gets a year is just about here.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Mailed my ECU to Ivan’s for remapping. I’m looking forward to getting rid of the harsh vibration while cruising.
Is the PC map that comes with the flash a generic Ivan’s map for the Warrior? Or does he map it for my setup?

6621 - 6640 of 6749 Posts