RS Warrior Forum banner

6781 - 6800 of 6831 Posts

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
got caught In a serious rain storm Friday. total down pour with side winds trying to push me over. very little visibility. it wasn't the worst storm I've ridden through but it was nasty. bike is so dirty it looks like its been through a war. mud, dirt, and bugs. it stormed all night too. wont be washing it today.

·
Registered
596 Posts
was your bike stored under water? those mirrors were toast. new units look pretty cool.
I'm a daily rider and have no indoor storage for the bike.. so yea you might say she's stored underwater.. also in winter there's lotsa salt on the road.
It's a testament to Yamaha's quality that only aftermarket parts and fenders are affected by all that, the rest of the bike is still in pretty good condition considering what i put her through..

edit: also.. yes i live 4-5 meters below sea level.. so you myte say she's stored underwater in that regard ;)

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Before and after...

Raining now, but i hope to get in a quick ride tonight to test it out .

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Excuse the mess...

I think I am just about to “the look” I wan for her, at least for now.

Small upgrades today for some comfort.

1. I switched to 8in straight risers up from the 5.5in I had before

2. I also added some kuryakyn riot mini floor boards. My big feet needed a bit more room to move.

Attachments

·
Administrator
28,413 Posts
I pulled the left side motor oil drain plug and replaced the crush washer that did not want to crush. I used a new copper 14mm by 2mm hollow crush washer and it settled in just fine as expected. I repurposed the bag of new aluminum ones that were weeping and did not crush very well.

So then I replaced the new drained oil and went for a ride, came back and checked the motor oil level and topped it off to spec. I fiddled with a couple bits but didn't wash it because its about 100F the water evaporates too fast. Its oriented in the garage so I can inspect the exhaust, gotta dig out my spare Yami gaskets.

Here's the 4 crush gaskets I brought-in to try (attached). The two aluminum ones do not appear hollow but they are soft. I'm going to vice-crush one of each aluminum size 14×1.5 and 14x2). I prefer aluminum on this motor but today I oiled the copper one at install, so will see.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Pouring rain here today so I just went into the garage and started the bike just to hear it go Barump Barump Barump Barump ... Fix done I then sat and looked at it ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
335 Posts
I pulled the left side motor oil drain plug and replaced the crush washer that did not want to crush. I used a new copper 14mm by 2mm hollow crush washer and it settled in just fine as expected. I repurposed the bag of new aluminum ones that were weeping and did not crush very well.

So then I replaced the new drained oil and went for a ride, came back and checked the motor oil level and topped it off to spec. I fiddled with a couple bits but didn't wash it because its about 100F the water evaporates too fast. Its oriented in the garage so I can inspect the exhaust, gotta dig out my spare Yami gaskets.

Here's the 4 crush gaskets I brought-in to try (attached). The two aluminum ones do not appear hollow but they are soft. I'm going to vice-crush one of each aluminum size 14×1.5 and 14x2). I prefer aluminum on this motor but today I oiled the copper one at install, so will see.

View attachment 248945

I prefer the copper ones too compared to the flat aluminum ones myself.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Today I decided to finally installed my Barnett Throttle Cables & Clutch Cable. Aside from that, I also changed out my Spark plugs and Air filter. Probably going to get rid of that Air box and upgrade it to the VBAK after the time spent around it. Long day, but glad I finally got around to it.

6781 - 6800 of 6831 Posts