RS Warrior Forum banner

6861 - 6880 of 6929 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Thanks Rdubu, yes I’ve read about that to and makes sense with voltage drop on smaller cables.

My tuner came to my place and attached one of those portable cranking batteries, i swear the bike did not even turn over a millimeter and it fired up .. none of that two slow turnovers until the decompression kicks in .. it just went WAAARRUMP !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ohh, great I smell my next mod coming. Thanks, for posting the battery cable upgrade. Was curious from day one for way the cranking was so terrible on the warrior.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I don’t mind the slowish cranking over. When questioned about it I just say “it’s not a problem, just the monster waking up”
When the new tins go on the monster will have a name and that name is “BUMBLEBEE”

·
Registered
503 Posts
Thanks Rdubu, yes I’ve read about that to and makes sense with voltage drop on smaller cables.

My tuner came to my place and attached one of those portable cranking batteries, i swear the bike did not even turn over a millimeter and it fired up .. none of that two slow turnovers until the decompression kicks in .. it just went WAAARRUMP !!!

How did it go Baldy? Lol😎😎

·
Registered
203 Posts
Used the wrong size coupler on my DIY VBak for the vent hose so it leaked oil. Had to pull it off and squeeze a 3/8 hose on it which seems just a tad small and reroute it again under the bike.

Highly recommend NOT using a filter on it. I road just a tad aggresive today because I out the ivans flash on and it was dripping oil...... only 50 miles in.

Also tried a k&n 1290 filter on the stock elbows dont recommend that either the opening isnt big enough for a good seal but it is bigger then my filters. We will see where I go from here. Maybe just BAK or a churchkeys.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
Bro dont give up ur almost there...

Start a thread for help for the correct filters for the stock air box elbows

Sent from my SM-A102U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
Adjusted my Forks , back to where they where b4...
Had them flush to the upper triple tree..
When I rode Ortega on Sunday didn't handle like b4 .

·
Registered
203 Posts
Bro dont give up ur almost there...

Start a thread for help for the correct filters for the stock air box elbows

I'm not giving up! Bike runs great right now I was just hoping to put a slightly bigger filter but I dont need to. I'm rocking this setup until I decide to relocate everything.

·
Registered
1 Posts
  • Work done last month:
  • New handlebars with less pullback.
  • New front brake fluid(after accidentally dropping the reservoir upside-down during handlebar install).
  • Made a DIY VBAK, "Churchkey-style".
  • Raised the bike a bit since the frame and Bub exhaust was scratching the road while riding because I'm a little fluffy.
  • Installed a new map on the PCV.
  • New turn signal indicators in the front.
  • Adjusted my rear brake pedal and brake light switch since it felt like my toes was touching my knee when using the rear brake.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
I installed upgraded battery and starter cables from Maxairengineering.com. Maxair Engineering llc: FlameWires X2 Series : Yamaha Road Star Warrior - Replacement Battery / Starter Cables !!!

I saw that GD Warrior did this in the past. Makes a huge difference in starting our bikes. No more slow turning over, which has always been embarrassing for me. It just starts instantly, like my sportbike did. Easy install and worth every cent.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
After reading this post I took the plunge and ordered one of these cables. I hope it really is all that and a bag of chips for almost $90. Even with my Shoari battery I've always felt it should start quicker. I'll give it a review when it arrives.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
203 Posts
After reading this post I took the plunge and ordered one of these cables. I hope it really is all that and a bag of chips for almost $90. Even with my Shoari battery I've always felt it should start quicker. I'll give it a review when it arrives.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Post a review, im wondering if just the cable alone will do the trick instead of buying another battery for no reasom.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Good looking pegs! Do you lose any cornering clearance with those? Or can you easily flip them in without stopping the bike?

They lock in place, you have to stop to fold them out or in but it only takes a second. I have them angled up some and honestly I haven't scraped them yet. I'm sure I could if I tried, and I'm certain a more aggressive rider could grind them down in the corners, but they work great for me! 👍

·
Registered
203 Posts
They lock in place, you have to stop to fold them out or in but it only takes a second. I have them angled up some and honestly I haven't scraped them yet. I'm sure I could if I tried, and I'm certain a more aggressive rider could grind them down in the corners, but they work great for me!
Thanks! Might have to get a set one day

6861 - 6880 of 6929 Posts